New 20g Long Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great suggestions people!
Any recommendations for any other low growing plants?
Will leave the stargrass to fill out the back of the tank though...added a rock with fissidens attached last nite(still have a clump remaining in the 20 tall to maybe return to Fresh for his upcoming monoculture build)...oh yeah I'm pushing it on Ya!

sit in silence...

Possibly blyxa japonica?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Had thought about bringing it back,nice softener between plants...it is doing very well in the 40b so I'll have a readily available supply...

sit in silence...

Does yours seem to "float" where the plant base is half an inch or so above the substrate and its the roots holding it in? I don't know if my kuhlies have caused this or if its normal blyxa shenanigans

Will be switching to ei dosing within a week or so,dosing the 40b with ei has convinced me to make the change..

sit in silence...

Does yours seem to "float" where the plant base is half an inch or so above the substrate and its the roots holding it in? I don't know if my kuhlies have caused this or if its normal blyxa shenanigans

Yes when I had the hedge going there was separation between the base & substrate...the cories loved it..

sit in silence...

Did you already snag some stargrass for that bad boy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Had a sprig in the 20L&a few clippings from the 20 tall...I can definitely make use of what you've sent along with the wee lit'll ones...

sit in silence...

Almost threw in a 2oz portion cup of fissidens. I just didn't know if you would want it. I got a big tuperware full of it for 5$ a few months back. Ive been culturing it ever since. Still not sure where to put it.

Almost threw in a 2oz portion cup of fissidens. I just didn't know if you would want it. I got a big tuperware full of it for 5$ a few months back. Ive been culturing it ever since. Still not sure where to put it.

Dude I've got an ever growing patch in the 20 tall(compliments of Fresh)&just introduced some to the 20L...

sit in silence...

Headed in the right direction,alot of cut and replant with the stargrass in trying to build the boosh...

sit in silence...

Give that stargrass plenty of ferts in the water and it will take off like mad. I just trimmed it a day ago and it's touching the surface already:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445179808.803997.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It took a couple of weeks to get acclimated and actually color up. I'm really liking the bright almost neon green color of this plant. Should be a great addition to your 20L.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had tried it early on in the build but didn't have enough available space for to take off..

sit in silence...

Back
Top Bottom