New 25g kent bio reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great thanks. Yeah no ideas. Salinity held steady for two days before the rock went inp

It's a Kent needle hydro defo seems to be working I even took it to the lfs to test it

Thanks Carey. I'll purchase one of those. Not topped off the tank yet but will use saltwater

Been 6 days now. Tank looking quite brown which I believe is a good thing.

Attachments

• image-144218988.jpg
    image-144218988.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 71
Loftyfiasco said:
Been 6 days now. Tank looking quite brown which I believe is a good thing.

Looks good. The brown is diatom algae. This is normal as it is dining on silica in the water column. May get some on your glass if its not there already.

If you are using RODI water, the diatom will soon disappear. Corals still look alive! :)

Looking very good just take your time. The Kent tanks are wicked though. You got your skimmer working ok?

Well would u believe it. Took water sample to the shop and in 6 days it's fully cycled! Took sample to diff shop just to be certain and yep!! All good!! Picked up a yellow pollop coral 2 turbo snails. A bicolor blenny. And a fire red shrimp. Pics to follow :)

Attachments

• image-2449393493.jpg
    image-2449393493.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 78
  • image-3998896816.jpg
    image-3998896816.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 99
  • image-983117759.jpg
    image-983117759.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 85
Out of curiosity how did they know that it was cycled already? I looked through the thread and didnt see any numbers posted for I am wondering how they determined it. It awesome if it did that's fast.

Just took in water samples to shops. They check all levels for £3 and give u a print out. Both Lfs gave the go ahead. Both I have trusted for years when I had my tropical tanks running

Boolay1978 said:
Looking very good just take your time. The Kent tanks are wicked though. You got your skimmer working ok?

Skimmer seems all good. How often should u clean it?

Found his home

Attachments

• image-3630268274.jpg
    image-3630268274.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 88
Loftyfiasco said:
Just took in water samples to shops. They check all levels for £3 and give u a print out. Both Lfs gave the go ahead. Both I have trusted for years when I had my tropical tanks running

Nice that's cool it didn't take long. I'm going on three weeks and haven't had any ammonia spike which is why I asked to see if you had one. I know I have read that with seeding from an a established tank speeds it up and I put two cups in mine with the live rock and sand

Yeah I think that really helped just gotta let this lot settle now. No new fish for a while. Gonna concentrate on coral

Loftyfiasco said:
Yeah I think that really helped just gotta let this lot settle now. No new fish for a while. Gonna concentrate on coral

Good luck.

Well this is about as weird as it gets. Another fire red shrimp arrived in my tank!!! A big one too!!! Must have been hidden in the big live rock for over a week! Thought I was seeing double!!! Looks like he has lost most of his shell though. Will that grow back?

Attachments

• image-3661913998.jpg
    image-3661913998.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 105
Back
Top Bottom