New 30 gallon Reef in the making thread....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Progress

Thanks Lindsay. I was just telling the manager of an LFS about you. I said, "you are not a real hobbyist until you go from the Maryland to Texas in the name of the hobby.! By the way, I got 2 peppermints today. I am going to wait and see if they get the 3 aiptasia before I use the juice.

I spent about an hour going back and resizing, deleting, and reloading every photo. Thank god I saved them all. Now I am 20% full with the same amount of pics.

Heres a few more just for the fun of it. I hope everybody likes the pics. I have never used my camera so much in my life. I think I smell a camera upgrade to....Oh ya, I forgot about rent. Dam, I forgot my tank isn't my only bill!

And.....there is more fun in store for the weekend since I am such a severe sick person. I found a nice xenia I wanted so pics coming tomorrow....I swear I look forward to every weekend, and then I spend all of Saturday at the LFS and working on the tank.

Thanks

Attachments

• zoos_under_blues_153.jpg
    zoos_under_blues_153.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 16
  • orange_zoos_under_blues_178.jpg
    orange_zoos_under_blues_178.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 15
  • full_tank_acintic_873.jpg
    full_tank_acintic_873.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 385
  • candy_cane_under_moon_726.jpg
    candy_cane_under_moon_726.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 378
  • branch_zoo_under_blues_556.jpg
    branch_zoo_under_blues_556.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 18
New additions

As you all know I am very sick so I have some new additons for the weekend as promised.

Yellow Polyps
Hawain Feather
Purple Zoo

And..My third fish, Royal Gama. I now have 3 fish, 2 O clowns, and the gamma. I think this will be all until my tank is established enought to get the blenny I want so bad. I think 4 fish is good until I upgrade.

I can't get a pic of him yet because it swims away.

Hope you like the pics.

Attachments

• yellow_polyps_627.jpg
    yellow_polyps_627.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 18
  • feather_200.jpg
    feather_200.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 19
  • purple_zoa_141.jpg
    purple_zoa_141.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 21
Awesome! I love royal grammas....unfortunately, I was still new and didn't ask for advice on compatability, on this site first...or the LFS either. She would have told me, that probably isn't a great idea with my damsels....Nice pics, and keep up the great work!

Last night I juiced the big Aiptasia and I have not seen it since.

The other 2 that were smaller have also not been seen. I think the peppermints may have taken them to out.

Now all I have to get by is making sure I have no nudi's with all my new zoos (knock on glass) and I will be good.

2 cool pics

Here is just a pic of my new sea serpant and a pic that I really like of my yellow polyps.

Attachments

• brittle_starfish_108.jpg
    brittle_starfish_108.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 20
  • yel_polyps_acintics_788.jpg
    yel_polyps_acintics_788.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 16
Yes, I have been testing everyday. I just got my RO/DI so I am off to set it up!

I am done with my sickness for at least a month... I promised myself. I realize I went a little to quick. I staggered coral additions 2-3 per weekend and I am staying with the 3 fish until my tank is established enough to get my blenny and that will be all until I upgrade.....very soon!

EDIT: RO/DI is flushing. Hopefully this will help because I am having a green hair algae problem starting.

Attachments

• rodi_918.jpg
    rodi_918.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 22
Things have been going ok with the exception of a little hair algae problem, and my clown trying to host my favorite zoo(The zoo does not like it) I told the clown to stop but he will not listen.

I got 3 emerald crabs today and they have been going crazy on the hair algae all day. I actually like them alot so I hope they do not become an issue.

I went to the LFS to get the crabs and nassarius snails and what happens...I get some free xenia because the guy had to get rid of some. So, I didn't break my promise of no more for 1 month. Free stuff does not count. He He

I also got some nassarius snails to finish up my cleaning crew. For the final crew I have:

10 Nassarius
4 Ceriths
5 Astrea
6 Hermits
3 Emerald Crabs
2 Margarita
2 bumble bee
1 serpant star

How does it look? I plan on sticking with this unless I have an issue. I am going to try and get some pics and post tonight.

Latest

Well here is the latest. The hair/bubble algae problem is starting to slowly minimize with the RO/DI and my Emerald Crabs eating all day.

Here is a pic of the free xenia I got, one of my nassarius snails, emerald crab, bad pic of Royal Gama(She doesn't like pics!) and a dot. What is the dot? You can't see it in the pic but yesterday I noticed about 5-6 dots of coraline on my glass!! It has only been a few months so that makes me happy.

Other than that, I lost a few small hermits. Do you think they were killed by the few larger ones?

Attachments

• nassarius_370.jpg
    nassarius_370.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 248
  • sneak_peak_963.jpg
    sneak_peak_963.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 255
  • first_coraline_dot_786.jpg
    first_coraline_dot_786.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 14
  • xenia_136.jpg
    xenia_136.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 19
  • emerald_crab_452.jpg
    emerald_crab_452.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 20
Hermits

Thanks.

And, I found their shells lying on the sand not moving?

Also, it is normal for the hermits to be on your corals every now and then right? I don't think they hurt them but I have noticed a few of them on my zoos and was wondering if it was normal.

What IS normal.

Normal - conforming with or constituting a norm or standard or level or type or social norm; not abnormal

If you are relating your experiences with your own aquarium as a seperate society within, then normal is simply the everyday actions and reactions sustained.

Technically, if the crabs got on your coral every week, that would be normal. And if for some reason they stopped, that would be abnormal.

lol JK man I have not idea heh....

Speakerman, have you been drinking!

Isnt anybody going to give me congrats that I have 10-20 little pink dots on my glass!!! I am excited about it!

Back
Top Bottom