New 4g work desk tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice ricordea! Is it actually kind of blu-ish green? Just wondering bc cameras can sometimes change colors slightly.

Fts? Always exciting to see a tank fill up with coral and other inverts!

Got some ugly algae growing all over the place. Doing water changes every two days to clean it out.

Hmm... As I'm sure you know cut down on feeding, WCs, and always use RO. Hope it gets better!

No feedings really besides two pellets dropped in the other day as there is only one skunk cleaner and 3 hermit crabs and one Nass snail. Water changes every two to three days. Reef crystals and rodi water. I'll snap pic in the morning when I get to work. Looks like a small amount of hair algae and some other that has always shown up at the beginning of my young tanks

Just added two Astraea snails and they are already making short work of the algae

This morning my trates were up over 40ppm back to back water changes brought it down between 0-5ppm. Hope it's not back up that high when I get to work Monday morning

So my nitrates stayed down over the weekend thankfully. Algae still there just not as bad. Can't wait for this tank to be stable

It always takes time, sounds like everything is doing well! How are the inhabitants doing?

Back
Top Bottom