New Additions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karatepig

Aquarium Advice Activist
I went out today and picked up a black and white veil angel, and four paleatus cories. The 20g now has:

2x peppered cories
4x paleatus cories
2x feeder minnows
1x 2-3 inch common pleco (to be moved)
1x blue dwarf gourami male
1x black and white veil angel

I'd call this stocked. Manbe getting a bristlenose pleco once the common is moved. Any thoughts?

A 20 is too small for an angel. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but 6" top to bottom is pretty average for an adult. I've heard of them getting larger.

Also, the gourami-angelfish combo might be a problem. I'm sure someone with angel experience could tell you better.

A: My angel/gourami haven't touched each other nor have I ever heard of that issue
B: The angel is probably going to a 55g.

They are both territorial, especially angelfish when they mature. But if you do move the angel, then no worries.

Try putting that stock along with your filter and tank size into aquadvisor and let us know what it says :)

I would not advise you to get any more fish.

The angel might be ok in that tank but bigger is always better. I have had an angel successfully with a dwarf gourami but 1) my tank is larger and 2) each angel and gourami has it's own personality, some more territorial than others.

I actually used to keep two male gourami together and he got beat up occasionally but he never fought. The other gourami got sick and died. I'll hopefully have cleaned and put up the 55g in about a week. Thanks for the replies.

It's is rare for tank bred Angels to be aggressive if well feed in a planted tank,

Back
Top Bottom