New additions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Incisions072185

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking to add a different breed of fish as a center piece for my 75 gal community. Right now I have a bunch of Cory cats, gourami, some rasboras, and tetras. I plan on adding more of each to have bigger schools. I really like GBRs but I'm having a difficult time finding them local. Any ideas on what I could add?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Angel fish are a great show fish you could try to find a cool strain such as platinums. (I have platinums).

Yea I live in ny. I would order gbr online but the shipping is so expensive

Also, if I were able to get 2 gbr I don't want them to mate so should I get 2 females or 2 males?

If you order from yunite they have a special right now. Look them up they have their own website. I have personally had terrible luck with them but they are supposable very high quality rams. They sell them for very cheap. You could also look on aquabid. Unless you pick them out yourself you can't really get all females or males.

Wow! That's a great deal, I may possibly do that. So if I get the 3, what else can go with them?

I had bought 3 two paired and I sold the third. The pair has probably laid 7 times but they eat the eggs everytime. So fry might not be a problem. Id recommend either 1 or 3. If you do 3 you could always get rid off one if it's too overly aggressive.

Hers is my stock if it helps:
2 angelfish (pair)
2 GBRs (pair)
2 GBRs (pair)
9 black neons
3 otos
4 dime sized platinums angels (temporarily growing them out)
My tank is a little smaller than yours so you can have more fish than me.

When you say pair you mean a male and female right? Then would it matter what the third one is or is 2 males a bad thing?

Yeah, a male and female that has chosen to pair. It's nearly impossible to sex angelfish while they're young. So you'll just have to buy a few and time will tell. German blue rams are very easy to sex females will have a bright pink belly.

So if I got 3 of each gbr and angels would 1 male and 2 females work ok, assuming that's what they all turn out to be?

Back
Top Bottom