New additions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
African leaf fish also known as Leopard Ctenopoma can reach 6-8 in. They have astonishingly large mouths and will eat tetras. They tolerate similar sized fish tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I got the angels at petsmart, they call them assorted veil angels. I'll post a pic. The leaf fish is pretty sweet, I bought one on a whim but I'm kinda second guessing my purchase now. It's still in the bag and I'm not gonna take it out unless I'm 100% sure it'll be ok with the smaller fish (rasboras, Cory's, and tetras)

Those are the only 2 angels they had so I'm hoping they will do well together

The leaf fish is still small right? You'll have time before it tries to eat your smaller fish.

Yea it's small, but when it gets bigger it will eat them? I should prob take it back? And the black angel I just bought isn't doing so well right now. Just let it out and it's floating toward the top and getting knocked around like crazy. Looks like it's having a hard time swimming

Yeah the leaf fish is sick (as in cool if it wasn't obvious). Petsmart has a 14 return. So If your angel dies you could replace him or keep him to see if he pulls through. I read one review about the leaf fish saying they would eat smaller fish. I have never had one so I can't say from experience. They also say angelfish would eat neons but mine never did. So it's up to you could always wait a while and decide you have a few years before he's full grown. Older fish always bring in a premium. So if you ever decide to sell it down the road you will make more money. I once bought an angels for 3 one it got bigger and more aggressive I had to sell it and I got $8. Could of gotten more but I just needed it gone.

Alright, I'll take him out of the bag and see how he acts with the others. as for the angel, he's having a tough time, I guess I'll see what happens in the am

Pet smart some times has ify stock so your angels might just be overly stressed and just getting used to the tank.

The employee said they just got to the store on Thursday, so it may be really really stressed. Hopefully it'll shape up

The leaf fish even at a small size may still try to eat ur tetras.....I had a pair and they tryed to eat anything!

I'm going to watch it closely to see how it reacts with the others, it's a cool looking fish but I'm still unsure of it. It's hiding now in a log I have

What's everyone's thoughts on Bolivian rams with my current stock?

Yeah they are pretty much the same thing as GBRs except they get a bit bigger, they are a lot hardier, and they don't have much color.

Back
Top Bottom