New additions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw 4 in a tank at petsmart, petsmart rarely ever has anything I want recently so I'm debating these over the gbr

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Have you looked at germanbluerams.com. I have had Bolivian rams before I personally like the GBRs better tho they have a lot more color.

Yea I checked out that website last week, they were sold out of everything when I went to purchase them

Oh really, I'll go look. GBRs are really hard to find a good stock. If you buy from a bad stock they will die unexplainable in a month or so. Bolivians on the other hand are extremely hardy.

I haven't read this whole thread, but leaf fish usually need almost only live food and will eat any of your fish that fit into their mouths, which get pretty big.

Geez Yunite is really sold out. He only has the single pair for $30.

Yea I'm a lil worried about that leaf fish, right now it's pretty small and hides a lot and isn't aggressive at all to the other fish. I'll have to keep an eye on it

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406207317.854768.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406207328.175552.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406207337.400970.jpg
I finally got 2 gbr. Not sure what sex they are, I was only able to get one by itself so I'm not sure if everyone can tell based on the pics with them together

Hmm, first pic makes them both look female but the last makes me wonder a bit. But you definitely have 1 female.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm hoping the other is a male, there were only 3 to choose from at my lfs so I did my best at trying to figure out which was male and female

I think it's just a reflection maybe. On the smaller one the pink is very easily seen.

I think it's just a reflection maybe. On the smaller one the pink is very easily seen.

Could be but there also isn't much for fin extension on that fish. Then again I don't know how big the fish are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Very, true they must be young my 3-4 month old rams don't have much fin extension. There does seem to be little extension compared to the other supposed Female though.

I'll try and get some better pics when I get home. Is pink on the belly the main way to tell?

Yep looks like male and female. It will be more noticeable when they get used to the tank and color up.

Back
Top Bottom