new African cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rizzo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just bought 2 new cichlids was trying to get names on them because the names the Lfs gave me were wrong.

The first one looks a lot like my Aurora not sure about either one though. The first one is a mbuna the second looked like a (maybe) hap. Wyite is really good ID so we will see what he says.

The first may be a Maylandia hajomaylandi, but not 100% positive. Second is definitely one of the borleyi varieties, but won't even hazard a guess as to which one.

Gee, thanks fer turnin' the heat up, Andrew! ;)

WYite

Wyomingite said:
The first may be a Maylandia hajomaylandi, but not 100% positive. Second is definitely one of the borleyi varieties, but won't even hazard a guess as to which one.

Gee, thanks fer turnin' the heat up, Andrew! ;)

WYite

Thanks for the help I will look up that name.

I went to the Lfs and the clerk said there called a red top zebra and the last couple of days she, yes she has been holding eggs in her mouth after a week wow I dont know who the poppa is, im thinking my red zebra he has been hanging around alot. Anybody know howlong they hold them? I will post a vid on YouTube tomorrow check them out and thanks wyite......
User name YouTube 1ozzir
These were my Zaire fronts first day.
ForumRunner_20121016_061219.jpg

ForumRunner_20121016_061252.jpg

I was looking at that in the Google pics I found under the name you gave me and that looks more similar than red top zebra. Thankx for your reply.

Wyomingite said:
Hmm, glad ya got it figured out. She still looks a little gold for a red top zebra, IMO.

Nice tank and fish BTW. Great fronts!

WYite

No Im still searching and she looks nothing like a red top zebra. Looks closer to what you said wyite but still off a lil bit.

Back
Top Bottom