new animal planet show = tanked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone see the newest episode with the pinball machine? Talk about some stressed out fish. That top angel tank looked way overstocked too. I didn't appreciate that they used glo-fish either

Tcal01 said:
Anyone see the newest episode with the pinball machine? Talk about some stressed out fish. That top angel tank looked way overstocked too. I didn't appreciate that they used glo-fish either

I think that tank was crazy overloaded. And I didn't like the way they were handling a lot of the fish. Even though they are "attempting" to show better care for the fish- and they are stressing it over and over again- I don't think much has changed

Jlsardina said:
I think that tank was crazy overloaded. And I didn't like the way they were handling a lot of the fish. Even though they are "attempting" to show better care for the fish- and they are stressing it over and over again- I don't think much has changed

I don't like how they take the fish out of the water at ERI either. I was glad to see them finally do a planted tank though

okapizebra said:
I thought there were wayyy too many angels in that top tank...

There were ten or twelve
And the tank was only 45 gallons at most!

I.was.disgusted. Those angels are going to tear eachother apart. Some awesome looking pinball machine that will be then. I had hoped to see a planted tank soon and figured they'd have to be doing angels in one of these freshwater tanks but, boy, I've seen them overstock but that was something else.

seekinghealth said:
If you go, PLEASEEEE take pictures and post them!

Well I found out it is like right across the street from one o my client's sites. So on the way to the airport I stopped by. Went inside and they asked if I owned a store, I said no, they said sorry not open to the public. Apparently since the show started they get like 20-30 people a day like me...but why not put up a sign???

Oh well sorry mission failed

cerulean_blue said:
Well I found out it is like right across the street from one o my client's sites. So on the way to the airport I stopped by. Went inside and they asked if I owned a store, I said no, they said sorry not open to the public. Apparently since the show started they get like 20-30 people a day like me...but why not put up a sign???

Oh well sorry mission failed

Boooooo. You should have just made up a store name and given them your home address lol

I live just a few minutes down the road from segrest farms. (They are in Gibsonton, FL) Tanked gets their freshwater fish from there. If you are ever in the area you can schedule a tour with them. It has to be scheduled and you can only look, not buy. They don't sell to the public but they will let you visit.

RDerrick said:
I live just a few minutes down the road from segrest farms. (They are in Gibsonton, FL) Tanked gets their freshwater fish from there. If you are ever in the area you can schedule a tour with them. It has to be scheduled and you can only look, not buy. They don't sell to the public but they will let you visit.

Great idea! ERI should do that, I'd pay $10 to check it out

I hope they do a 1 year later show. I would like to see how many fish make it. Some of the fish they use are known to be hard to keep or they just get huge.

I am sure that there are things that they do just for filming, such as, putting lots of fish in the tank to make it look pretty. At least I hope that is the case. I really enjoy the show. River Monsters rocks as well.

The refrigerator tank was a neat concept, but they put mbuna and peacocks in it. They all went right to the bottom leaving a lot of vacant space in the tank. Angels or discus would have looked better IMO.

I loved the bed tank! But I would be afraid of breaking in the middle of the night..

Back
Top Bottom