New build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so I added 2 new coral and fish here are pics. Sorry not the best

And all the diatom are off rhe glass will get better pics as soon as I can

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130218_165947.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130218_165947.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 103
  • ForumRunner_20130218_165959.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130218_165959.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 123
  • ForumRunner_20130218_170013.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130218_170013.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 112
Also wanted to add supplement lighting to the tank. What would everyone recommend.... tru lumens or stunner strips not sure what ones to go with....any holp would be great

Here is the first stunner strip to go on the bc 29.... going to switch out the pc bulbs and switch to 6 stunners..... that way I can get sps and rbta..... cant wait to put it on and see how it looks.....

Also has anyone ever used the aquaticlife 115 skimmer.... and if so is it worth the 60 bucks

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130219_181031.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130219_181031.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 107
Ok so I put in the first stunner strip and I must say my frogspawn has opened up a lot more than normal...... I must say I cant wait until I get the rest and git rid of the pc that came with the bc....

Just be cautious. I put RapidLEDs in my BC and started bleaching acros. It's at 40% intensity now.

Thanks tim good to know..... I hope that 6 stunners wont do that.... but I am going to try them with the reefkeeper and try to see if I can control them....

After research I found that I would have to get drivers that are dimmable to control the stunners.... so not sure if it will be worth it..... but I will keep it in mind

Ok so I just got the deal of a lifetime..... went to a new lfs and found a tunze 9002 skimmer for 20 bucks cuz they couldent get it to work in 2 inches of water.... not knowing it need more to work right..... so it was a score for me lol

Yeah too much light is a real hassle. I would start high and then build your way up to higher. I have two 120 watt taotronics on a 55 and it bleaches everything. Have to keep stuff on the very bottom even with a roll of window tint over them.

Nice deal on the skimmer!

Dimmable all the way is what I would recommend.that way you can adjust the light source verses piss off your corals by constantly moving everything around.

Looking into getting the dimmer switches for the leds as well..... so I can get the corals use to the new lights when I pick up the rest this weekend.....

Just put in the order for the dimmer switches for the stunner strips... hope the other 4 strips will be here soon but back orders suck..... lol.... I am hoping that with all 6 of them up and running will give me the look I want.....

Good call, I would def go with dimmable. Different tanks and corals require different set ups.

Ok so another led strip showed up while I was at work..... its a blue/magenta..... go it in there and now for a pic....

ForumRunner_20130226_061335.jpg

Lokks a little blue in the pic.... but it is a nice crisp color.....really cant wait for the others to get here

Ok so the other 4 stunner strips and dimmers showed up today very excited to get them all in and see how the tank looks....will get pics up as soon as I can

Ok well I got the 6 leds in trying to put up pics bet the app for my phone keeps crashing so I will get them up asap.... and do a good review on how I like the stunner leds..... after a few months and see now well the coral react to..... I am going to go to my lfs rhis weekend and get a small sps frag and se how well it dose under the lights..... that will be in my review as well.... also will have a review on the tunze 9002 skimmer after I get all the replacement parts for it.....and it has been up and running

Here is dusk and dawn only at 40%
Dont know why all my pics are sideways.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130228_183443.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130228_183443.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom