New build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was scared that one didn't make it as it was just sitting on its side but today he was up and they found each other

Attachments

• image-1980245710.jpg
    image-1980245710.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 118
Thanks guys.... Yeah I really like them, I have wanted them for awhile so my LFS had them in stock so I went ahead and picked them up...

Had a fright today went to check my skimmer cup and found one of my clowns sitting on the filter pad.... Went to get him out (as I thought he died) to flush but he was still alive.... Put him back in tank and he is doing good now.... Looks like its time to go get a fish saver for the cube....

Finally came across your new BC build and thought I'd add my $.02.

Let's talk rock - everyone is rock crazy it seems, but the more research i did on minimalist tanks, the more I found people going away from 1.5-2.0lb rule and saying it doesn't matter as much as people think. Yes, BB needs surface, but not a whole lot. So, I think you've got plenty. Each. Oral added will also have surface for BB.

I've heard the Tunze 9002 skimmer is basically the only way to go. I didn't put one on mine at all. I went with the inTank media rack, refugium, and fish saver combo. The rack has filter floss on top, purigen in the middle, and chemipure elite on the bottom. The "refuge" which is just an open compartment has a large ball of chaeto and a small 18w submersible light.

I notched the tab between chambers 1 &2 for better flow, added flow director and fish saver. Tip with saver - wipe salt off when you do pwc's. Keeps it from building up and falling onto fish / coral and burning them.

Heat, my tank has been at 85-88 since purchase and now ive added the MP10. I upgraded fans twice and no help, my apt has been at 64 - 84 degrees and no change in tank. I also use an MJ1200 return.

I upgraded to RapidLED solderless... ... And still no better temps. The lights are awesome, though tricky to dial in. I opted for their controller and it's quite simple. I burned out a trumpet and a large humilis acro coal within one days time each. That's at like 30 percent output.

Hardest thing about this tank is keeping the rounded corners clean. I use an old credit card and it works well.

If I think of more, I'll add to the list.

Thanks Tim for all the great input... I am having a heck of a time getting rid of the diatoms.... How have you handled that issue if you had one? I am doing 5 gallons a week water changes and running chemipure elite as well.....
I am still up in the air on the rapid led kit found some other LEDs that I might go with..... But then I can't run the lid on it so I don't know yet.... As for the temp I placed the tank in a different room and have my A/C blowing on it with a fan pushing air and the other blowing air out..... So now it is at 76.6-77.5 deg..... Where can I get the fish saver my clowns keep getting in the filter????? Do you dose anything in ur tank???? Or just water changes

First coral a nice little trumpet coral

image-1718915557.jpg

And my sexy shrimp found it in like 10 min after it was put in tank

The fish-saver I got was from inTank as well. Really easy - just slides on. I'm not dosing anything as I'm not SPS heavy or anything like that. I'm just doing bi-weekly (6) gallon pwc's. I don't have a large bioload with angler and a few damsels.

Good to hear your temps are stable now.

Thanks Tim I have noticed theres not as much growing now but I still have to clean the glass everyday and it still covers the sand so I hope it will start to go away

I need to replace the splash lens on the cube anyone know where to get on they seem to be the hardest thing to get.... It is real bad that I get one all the screw holes but 2 are broke and it is yellowed and cracking..... Any idea

"Call Oceanic at 888-255-4527,they will send you a replacement."

That's all I could find.

No not yet I am waiting to go crazy with the corals until after I get my LEDs.... Then I will start to really fill up on corals..... I am going to get the rest of my fish first....

Back
Top Bottom