new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just made the long trek to my nearest fs. I bought a neon tetra to fill out that school, and bought 2 panda cory's. I will fill that school out Tuesday when they get more in. I didn't use the drip method because I forgot to get tubing, but I did put their bag in a bowl and added my tank water slowly over 45 minutes, pouring out the extra. So that puts me at:
1 DG
5 neon tetras
3 black neon tetras
2 panda corys (soon to be 6)
29 gallons
I think I have room for more, but I just can't decide what to get. Everybody seems happy:) Any suggestions on fish to add? I know I need mid and top level.

Will that help them to come out? They constantly stay in the far back corner and barely even dart out to eat. The only other time they venture out for a few seconds is when the DG cruises through their corner.

Will that help them to come out? They constantly stay in the far back corner and barely even dart out to eat. The only other time they venture out for a few seconds is when the DG cruises through their corner.

Definitely! The more you keep, the more secure they feel.

What is the ideal temp for these guys? The tank is 76 degrees now. Should I gradually up the temp or leave it?

I am absolutly LOVING my new panda cory's:smitten:I had no idea they were so adorable! I can't wait to get the rest of them. My only concern is: how do I know if they have enough to eat?

I am absolutly LOVING my new panda cory's:smitten:I had no idea they were so adorable! I can't wait to get the rest of them. My only concern is: how do I know if they have enough to eat?

It's not really much of a concern, more than often mine eat food that drifts down to the bottom and on the occassion when they're not happy with what they get, eat algae on plants or rocks.

Don't worry about cories they basically take care of themselves as long as a little food goes to the bottom they will find it and eat it. Awesome fish I agree

:bawl: I cannot believe it! I was just watching my fish...feeling all good about my cycle being finished and my fish looking good..and then there it was, ich. My DG has a couple of spots on his fins. I could cry. So I guess I'll be in the other forum for a while. I am heartbroken.

Back
Top Bottom