New fluval chi :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
_skyla_ said:
Oh I ordered the chi cover and 2 different backgrounds to choose from so can't wait for them to arrive in the mail and I can add the finishing touches. I also want to get a rock cave and built it underneath the cliff raised ledge I made.So it will still be like that but it would be a cave and give extra room and hiding space for the shrimp when I do add them. Still waiting to take pics the waters cloudy still.

That,ll be cool. Well I'm waiting for my shrimp just hope my fish don't think they're lunch! Here's my pic it looks bare to me I'm wanting a background too, any ideas what else I could put in?

ForumRunner_20121026_100751.jpg

shellyx said:
That,ll be cool. Well I'm waiting for my shrimp just hope my fish don't think they're lunch! Here's my pic it looks bare to me I'm wanting a background too, any ideas what else I could put in?

Fingers crossed the fish behave in a non predatorial manor Towards the shrimp! I think it's looking really nice :) hmmm I would probably add a really nice larger piece of driftwood to form separate areas in the tank and then move things around to suit that but its coming along really nicely what a lucky boy u have there! Oh and with the background both my other tanks have black I just taped it on. I really like black they make the green and bright coloured fish really stand out. Dark blue would be nice aswell.

_skyla_ said:
Fingers crossed the fish behave in a non predatorial manor Towards the shrimp! I think it's looking really nice :) hmmm I would probably add a really nice larger piece of driftwood to form separate areas in the tank and then move things around to suit that but its coming along really nicely what a lucky boy u have there!

Well the shrimp are in & nobody cares! Heading too my lfs have a look for more driftwood & a background. Thank you he's loving it lol doesn't know what to do with all the room. Can't wait to see yours

shellyx said:
Well the shrimp are in & nobody cares! Heading too my lfs have a look for more driftwood & a background. Thank you he's loving it lol doesn't know what to do with all the room. Can't wait to see yours

Oh that's great to hear,shrimp are just so cute! Awesome have fun and I hope you find the perfect piece, its my bed time now haha. He would be he's got his own palace now :) I hope mine clears up soon so I can get a pic, It's making me wish I got him a bigger tank looking at all the space your little guy has. I do love my chi though and it's perfect for a little bedroom feature.

_skyla_ said:
Oh that's great to hear,shrimp are just so cute! Awesome have fun and I hope you find the perfect piece, its my bed time now haha. He would be he's got his own palace now :) I hope mine clears up soon so I can get a pic, It's making me wish I got him a bigger tank looking at all the space your little guy has. I do love my chi though and it's perfect for a little bedroom feature.

Well I managed to get a small piece of driftwood with micro soroum attached to it ( don't know if that's how you spell it ) but would prefer a larger piece, no background didn't like them, my son wanted me to get one with dinosaurs on! So I,ll keep looking. Your tanks lovely & your betta will love it too.

Progress of my chi, still waiting for the background and cover to arrive

IMG_9388_2.jpg

IMG_5253_2.jpg

IMG_0800_2.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

My boy seems to be so much happier hes even started making bubble nests for the first time :)

Gorgeous skyla! One happy boy there, love your deco you,ve more idea than me lol :)

shellyx said:
Gorgeous skyla! One happy boy there, love your deco you,ve more idea than me lol :)

Aw thanks :) yeah id like to hope he is happy. Hows yours coming along did you find a spot you like for the driftwood?

_skyla_ said:
Aw thanks :) yeah id like to hope he is happy. Hows yours coming along did you find a spot you like for the driftwood?

Put it in the middle & the ornament,s at each side still think a larger piece would look better. Im Sure I,ll find one!

Back
Top Bottom