new tank cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richard72

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hey everyone. i set up a brand new 29 gallon tank sunday i i tested the water for the first time today. the ph level was at 7.5, nitrrite was at .03, amonia was zero and nitrate was 5. i used the nutra fin mini master test kit. how is this loooking and is it gonna be ok for me to add some fish to it on sunday or should i give it more time

In order for the biological process to start u need to do a fish less or fish in to cycle the tank. Curious on your readings. Have u tested your water source for the tank. U should have zeroes across the board,hopefully, other than ph. I would test water source and then do some reading on which cycle u want to do. To make it short and sweet. Fish, by u feeding and them pooping, or some ammonia introducing product needs to be put in first. Then u will have an ammonia spike which creates the bacteria that consumes the ammonia and turned into nitrites. Then that will spike and a bacteria is created to convert into nitrates. Nitrates being the less of three harmful to fish. Which is reduced mainly thru water changes. Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom