New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do it. I liked mine. Never saw him much though. Invest in a feeding system. Down side was every time he ate my arm had to get wet.

Something like a long stick or something like that.

Mine ate some of my cuc though.

I have a porcupine puffer. I can answer some questions you have on them if you like.

Perfect. Getting a 180g FOWLR with triggers, lionfish, and tangs. How well would it get along with these guys? Are they good fish? How is feeding? Anything important I need to know?

Lionfish is 3" and is going in 180g. 180g will be bought after thanksgiving. First thing in the house.

They are awesome fish . At first it was tricky getting him to eat anything but mysis and brine shrimp. Eventually got him eating hikari frozen krill that actually has the whole krill with shell on it. I give mine grocery store clams 3 times a week and occasional emerald crab. I actually have mine with a dwarf lion and they get along great together . The triggers I'm not sure about but I won't risk getting anything that can seriously harm my puffer. They are messy eaters but all puffers are like that. Just be sure to put the food in quick or you risk getting saltwater shot in your eye.

Hondatek said:
They are awesome fish . At first it was tricky getting him to eat anything but mysis and brine shrimp. Eventually got him eating hikari frozen krill that actually has the whole krill with shell on it. I give mine grocery store clams 3 times a week and occasional emerald crab. I actually have mine with a dwarf lion and they get along great together . The triggers I'm not sure about but I won't risk getting anything that can seriously harm my puffer. They are messy eaters but all puffers are like that. Just be sure to put the food in quick or you risk getting saltwater shot in your eye.

Thank you

Not the eel. Hard to catch in a set up tank.

Kio707 said:
Saltwater in the eye? lol

Lol. I can see it now- you walk by the tank.... Ignore the puffer.... Walk by again and all of a sudden you get water spit in your eye and you hear this little fish voice say "feed me symore!"

Well I have tops on my tank . My girl was talking to me while I had his food in my hand . Before I new it my eye was burning . Lol

Back
Top Bottom