New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cuc finishing up the lost clown... :(... But the silver lining is it wasn't my nice looking clown... Still... Hate losing any fish that way...

Last edited:
coffeetwitch said:
How many downs did you have?

3 clowns, down to two. They all came in together... Probably for the best one disappeared... Just would have rather sold it....

I did it, made my order to liveaquraia.com.... I flame hawkfish, 1 starry blenny, 1 blue spotted goby, 2 scarlet skunk cleaners, 1 porcelain anemone crab, 1 spotted fox face.... They where outta Tangs.... :(... It'll be here Friday!!!

make sure you take pictures every step of the way. I;d like to know how liveaquaria does in packaging and quality.

make sure you take pictures every step of the way. I;d like to know how liveaquaria does in packaging and quality.

About to order tang from aquacon.... yes or no? and an engineer goby

Daringly ordered my Tang and engineer gopy from aquacon... Pray for me...lol

Also got Ca and alk tester today. But my pH is back up to 8.2... IDK what I did...lol ...

well, Ca 16 450, akl is 4.0, pH 8.2, amo 0, trite 0, trate 5....So, am I doing ok? And, Carey, you didn't comment on my buy fro aquacon.... that scares me...

I would just make sure anything you ordered from them isnt on their "expert" list as they only guarantee it for 2 hours from signing for it. Kinda hsady if you ask me....But def check it, it should be on the homepage. It's not hidden but it;s not the easiest thing to find either.

if it makes you feel any better all three fish and crabs I ordered all were fine and dandy. The corals and the inverts are another story.

carey said:
I would just make sure anything you ordered from them isnt on their "expert" list as they only guarantee it for 2 hours from signing for it. Kinda hsady if you ask me....But def check it, it should be on the homepage. It's not hidden but it;s not the easiest thing to find either.

if it makes you feel any better all three fish and crabs I ordered all were fine and dandy. The corals and the inverts are another story.

Yeah, no expert tag on either. Engineer was only 4.99! Couldn't beat it. (or find it). Going to petco tomorrow to get qt tank. So heater and water for that... How long do I leave them in it?

Thats' entirely up to you and your comfort level. I left mine in for 2.5 weeks and felt that was sufficient. if anything looks funny or not right the time clock resets once they get to normal. Some people qt for 4-6 weeks, in my opinion thats a long time and I dont think I can be that patient. lol

I was looking to get like 3 of those engineer gobies but realized before ordering that they get to like 6 inches each I believe.

carey said:
Thats' entirely up to you and your comfort level. I left mine in for 2.5 weeks and felt that was sufficient. if anything looks funny or not right the time clock resets once they get to normal. Some people qt for 4-6 weeks, in my opinion thats a long time and I dont think I can be that patient. lol

I was looking to get like 3 of those engineer gobies but realized before ordering that they get to like 6 inches each I believe.

1 ft.... Yeah, they get big. Huma recommend it. Could u explain the qt tank requirements 1 more time? I'm still a lil confused... Been in the sun all day... Lol

Back
Top Bottom