New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's still cloudy. Kicked up some sand. But here u go.

Last edited:
Yeah, had the ac lights on. I like them. The have flow everywhere! Fish are pee'd at me.... Spreads the flow instead of single jet stream.

Thanks huma...

What salt do y'all use? Mine keeps clumping and doesn't mix well...

we used oceanic natural sea salt mix. but i may change. nothing wrong with it. just want to try another brand geared toward reef.

I have instant ocean, but it's clumped up. I have to break it apart to use it...

I keep the lid on it.... Maybe got water in it when I 1st set up the tank? U use reef salt? Tried it?

I keep the lid on mine too, but somehow it happens, try putting some plain crackers in the salt, just like saltines but without the salt. Itll soak up any excess moisture

You can try regular bread too, just make sure to put it in like an open ziplock so crumbs don't get everywhere.

TLTGF said:
You can try regular bread too, just make sure to put it in like an open ziplock so crumbs don't get everywhere.

K. Just leave it open so the moisture gets in the bread?

Correct, like a pocket.

Mr. X, I believe is a big supporter of going through the sump so that his DT maintains a constant level, and also then when the gate valves are open good clean fresh water is pumped in.

K. I did it through the dt, but always top off through sump... That is y dt is cloudy, stirring up sand... Hmmm... May try sump next time. Think my tank is to young for a clam?

I don't know if there are stipulations with a clam needing a long-time set-up, but I've heard that they need some spectacular light.

Back
Top Bottom