New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks great on your tank. X gave me a different bulb reccomendation for my 12 bulb fixture, I wonder why? I def dont have anything like a 6500k or the aquasun. What shade is the 75.25? Is it a purple or a blue?
Sorry for so many questions lol Just wanna try to understand the stark difference in our setups. :)

carey said:
Looks great on your tank. X gave me a different bulb reccomendation for my 12 bulb fixture, I wonder why? I def dont have anything like a 6500k or the aquasun. What shade is the 75.25? Is it a purple or a blue?
Sorry for so many questions lol Just wanna try to understand the stark difference in our setups. :)

It's a purple color.. And ask away.. Idk how many questions I've asked u... Lol

If I remember correctly, he jumped in on my thread when Mr_X was helping me pick lamps but he couldn't find the 10K in that length. I think anyway. LOL Way too many threads to keep them straight.

rdnelson99 said:
If I remember correctly, he jumped in on my thread when Mr_X was helping me pick lamps but he couldn't find the 10K in that length. I think anyway. LOL Way too many threads to keep them straight.

Yeah... I hijacked u... Lol... My bad.

Not bad at all. Helped me out too. :) I don't understand why people think hijacking is a bad thing. I have learned a ton from either doing it or watching others do it and the original poster has never had a problem with it.

rdnelson99 said:
Not bad at all. Helped me out too. :) I don't understand why people think hijacking is a bad thing. I have learned a ton from either doing it or watching others do it and the original poster has never had a problem with it.

Same here, but you never can tell. Like I say, there are no stupid questions.... only stupid people... Lol

I have a question... How does this skimmer work? Are the bubbles my water level? Should bubbles be coming out the too? How and how often do I clean it? My skimmer came with installation instructions.

the skimmer will need about 2 weeks to break in completely. There shouldnt be bubbles coming up like that in normal operation.

carey said:
the skimmer will need about 2 weeks to break in completely. There shouldnt be bubbles coming up like that in normal operation.

K, got it... There is still a lot of junk in the cup... I was like... Wow.

You can adjust the skimmer so that you get a gooier type skimmate and the cup won't fill up as quickly. I have to empty mine every 2-3 days and lemme say, it's really really nasty. lol Like death I swear.

Ok so I finally got to talk to my lfs... got some info.. they are actually 70 a piece and they have 2/3 left but let me tell you they are worth it. Couldn't get there to get a pic today, hopefully in the am if anyones still interested. My friend surprised me and is taking me to a penguins hockey game tonight!! Anyways just let me know if anyones still interested. I sincerely apologize, I coulda swore they were 35 a piece.

coffeetwitch said:
Nice of you to do what u have. Just me but no need to apologize and enjoy the game

Kio the lights look great!

Thanks... And huma, thanks for looking.

two spotted bristle tooth tang kinda reminds me of a discus. kinda. neat looking fish. how much looking did you do before you decided on this one?

coffeetwitch said:
two spotted bristle tooth tang kinda reminds me of a discus. kinda. neat looking fish. how much looking did you do before you decided on this one?

That's the one that died last... I mean, only got so many options. Any other ideas?

Back
Top Bottom