New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marine Betta will be last fish I add... anyone with experience wit these fish??? BTW, the tang is swimming in the open and comes to me when I approach the tank. Best Tang I've ever had!

Thats awesome! My tangs are now starting to associate me with food so they are also out in the open. Gotta love tangs! LOL Just wish I had a bigger tank now....

I'm getting a 180g. Going to make FOWLR... Tangs still make me nervous. After the two I lost... Man, took me a minute to get this guy...

I was petrified to add any tangs after the blue one I got killed off so many fish that time. I'm always a bit more attentive to them as they can stress out so easily, I still worry about them lol

Yeah. Was scared to leave this morning. But as soon as I went to check on him, he came right up to me along with the clown.

Finally figured out what Anthias I have...
Maldives Lyretail Anthias (Pseudanthias squamipinnis)

Well, after research and talking to Mr. X, while the marine Betta is nice looking, not looking like a good choice. It is a grouper and really hard to take care of. I'll have to move on to another final fish.

I knew they were pretty challenging, I even looked at them at one point. Very neat looking fish. I just figured you were up to a challenge lol. I'm sure you'll come across your perfect fish though. Sometimes it just calls to you when you see it, like my anthias, I just knew I had to have him. Maybe i'm just a little nutty though. lol

I love mine, although when I looked it up, it belongs in a 125g... But it seems happy and draws everyone out.

I've heard that if you can get them to eat you should be ok. I've read on here some where one may be suspected of fish eating. And another's thread said they love it and doing great.

Yeah, they fall under a grouper sp.... So my clown might be lunch....lol

All the good looking one's are hard... lol... not my fault. The mandarin is still doing good. I guess that's the only real hard fish I got right now. Just want a final fish, plus looking what to put in the 180g....

I love a good challenge, I guess part of the reason I got the mandarin, and that its an awesome looking fish doesnt hurt either lol.

Is your mandarin eating prepared foods? or just still a pod eater?

I wouldnt know where to begin with a 180g. So many options at that level of the game. I've been talking with the b/f and we are contemplating a larger tank for our cichlids right now, they have gotten HUGE, bigger than we thought so we might have to upgrade that tank sooner than later.

I'm also tossing around the idea of upgrading the 125g reef, found a 220 tank and stand for 300$. Can't even imagine moving the entire 125 to a new tank though. hehe... But I'm thinking on it....

It eats frozen every once and awhile, plus I've seen it eat pellets. But it still searches for pods... I've thrown in 3 bottles since I got it, just to be safe.

A 220!!! For 300!!!! D@mn I wish I was back in Florida....

Havent seen mine eat pellets yet but she definitely is loving frozen bloodworms and mysis. She always picks a bloodworm to eat thats close to her in size, very comical to watch her hunt it. Mine also spenss the day hunting for pods as well as the scooter. I do watch them eat twice a day so I'm positive that they are getting enough food.

yeah, the 220 isnt drilled but it's black and so is the stand. I;m tempted to just get it and put it in the garage. with the 90g thats still waiting to go up. LOL

Back
Top Bottom