New tank possibly for cherry red shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okie! Well Im going to do a water change in a sec (And take the heater out first!!! My arms so burnt D: ) and move the plant over, put fresh water in and a bit of prime.. I don't really know how to measure such a small amount of prime.. shall I just add a tiny drop into the vase tank? Then test the water and post results on here I'll do it with all the tanks actually. Back in a bit!

The prime concentration I use calls for 0.1ml per gallon. I got tuberculin syringe and this way know exactly how much to use. Prime is great! I'm glad you are using it

Hey guys, been very buys with family and a wedding over the weekend so should be able to start getting back on track with the tanks now (hopefully)
Here's the measurements for today:

Long tank:
PH: 8.0
AMMO: 0.6
NITRITE: Not sure on this one (look at pic) Its like 0.3 in colour but really watered down.
NITRATE: 5 or less

Vase tank:
PH: 7.0
NITRITE: looks like 0.8 in colour but paler if that makes sense
NITRATE: Between 5 and 10

Mango's Tank: (This this tank defo needs a water change its gone really cloudy since i took the plant out)
PH: 7.5
NITRITE: 0.3
NITRATE: 5

Hoping the vase is ready for my RCS now, the plant I put in there has become very fuzzy and stringy, like there's a fluffy moss over the tank, think the shrimps will like it! If its ready I'm going to go get them asap so let me know if you think the tank is ok!

Attachments

• 2013-06-23 00.13.57.jpg
    2013-06-23 00.13.57.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 32
Sure you can add the shrimp now if you want :)

Just be sure to test their water every few days to check levels, they can be a bit sensitive when settling in :)

YAY! Is that water ok as it is now or should I do a water change before getting them.. (Im scared too now I dont want the plant to explode again) XD

And do the other 2 tanks just need a water change? How much longer do you think until the long one will be ready?

Well I can't see how that tank would have any as I don't think it's had ammo dosed into it.

With every tank reading the same ammonia I'm gonna say they're at zero not 0.6.

Id prefer not to do a water change yet if i can help it.. (scared the plant will fall apart again) :( (I put 2 little snails in there last week but thats the only ammo source in there i dunno if they'd make too much difference)

Going to do a water change in the other 2 in a bit and then i'll post the results again of all 3. Hoping the long tank isnt going to take too much longer..

Todays readings:

Mango's tank:
PH: 7.5
Ammo: 0.6
Nitrite: 0.3 (but looks almost clear water)
Nitrate: between 5 and 10

Vase tank:
PH: 7.0 (But starting to turn slightly yellow, towards 6.5)
Ammo: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0

Hey guys been busy again and forgot about my tanks :angel:
I did almost 100% water changes yesterday in the long tank and the vase tank.
The long tank is looking amazing at the moment since all the brown tinted water is gone, the vase tank isnt looking as good, the water is clear but the plant exploded again due to the heat of the tank :( Think im gna give up and put moss balls in there :p

Anyway here are todays readings hoping they are ready now!

Long tank:

PH: Between 7.5 and 8.0
Ammo: 0 - 0.6
Nitrite: 1.6
Nitrate: between 20 and 50 maybe (So bad at reading these accurately)

Vase tank:

PH: Between 7.5 and 8.0
Ammo: See image (Looks almost dark brown) :S
Nitrite: 0 - 0.1
Nitrate: 5

Sooo what are we thinking?

I think they sound like they are ready...do you have any pics

I think they sound like they are ready...do you have any pics

Its a bit dark but i'll take some now of the 2 im talking about!

So annoyed with the vase one it looked so good when the plant climbed all the way op the neck of the vase.. I tried to pick most of it out and this is whats left of it now -____-

YAY!!! FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYY Ive waited so long for this moment *Cries* :p

Attachments

• 2013-07-12 21.47.02.jpg
    2013-07-12 21.47.02.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 2013-07-12 21.47.48.jpg
    2013-07-12 21.47.48.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 2013-07-12 21.47.41.jpg
    2013-07-12 21.47.41.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 2013-07-12 21.47.32.jpg
    2013-07-12 21.47.32.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 46
That sucks to hear about the base tank...but the long tank is looking really good

Back
Top Bottom