New to Cichlids - 40 Gallon Breeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright thanks for the help everyone. I decided that im going to throw some corys in there too for bottom dwellers.

I think it will be:
1x Rainbow Cichlid
1x Keyhole Cichlid
6x Apistos (2 of each of three different species)
4x Julie Corys
1x Bristle Nose Pleco

Looking forward to setting up the tank! Once again thanks.

You are taking a huge chance with the salvini. My best guess is it will murder the whole tank. I had a pair. Had to quickly rehome the dominate male and as soon as he was gone his bride to be started on her killing spree. Good luck. You have been warned.

One last question. If I use the above stocking, would a marineland c-220 canister filter be good? I don't want to regret buying it and buy a bigger one a year from now.

One last question. If I use the above stocking, would a marineland c-220 canister filter be good? I don't want to regret buying it and buy a bigger one a year from now.

The c-220 should do the trick. You could get a small hob if you want to add a little extra filtration. I don't use carbon in any of my canisters but I do in my hobs. Makes it easier to change out without having to mess with the canister.

Alright that makes sense. I'll just go for the c-220 then and if I feel i need the extra power ill throw on an HOB.

Back
Top Bottom