New to cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeshyRee

Aquarium Advice Freak
What should I feed my african cichlids?

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

NLS and flakes. I switch it up a bit. I have some fish that really only want flakes. I'm trying to get them all on NLS but when I bought the tank which had fish they were only fed flakes.

My Yellow Lab Mbuna eats the TopFin Tropical Color Enhancing flake food. If he doesn't want the flake food then he doesn't eat. Ill also feed him freeze dried vlood worms once a week as a treat

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mbuna

I would try the flake food and if they dont accept it go with something else. I used flake food because thats what my other fish in the tank ate

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hikari brand sinking gold pellets or floating pellets. Make sure you feed spirulina as well because it's part of the cichlids' diet in nature, from my understanding. Plus it enhances their colors nicely. :)

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They find blanched spinach pretty tastey too. My Mbuna go crazy when I give it to them. They're like piranhas when I break out the seaweed!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would try the flake food and if they dont accept it go with something else. I used flake food because thats what my other fish in the tank ate Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They'll accept anything! They're eating machines.
I feed them flakes, spirulina flakes, NLS, green lettuce.

I feed mine sinking cichlid pellets. Flakes get sucked into my overflow box.

I also give them zucchini

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Mogurako that's awesome! I love it lol

Thanks everyone! So who has tropical tanks too? Can you feed the same thing to both?

Thanks everyone! So who has tropical tanks too? Can you feed the same thing to both?

NLS Thera-A can be fed to anything
I agree with Mogurako with the caveat that you may need to be cognizant of the size of the food. NLS comes in different sizes. The food I feed my pencilfish is not the same size as what I feed my severum.

Sweet! I'm trying to find something I can buy in bulk for everything. Cause I'm fish poor lol

Back
Top Bottom