Nitrites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my crowntail is not mean at all! so that's not true it depends on the betta. also cardinals arent recomended with bettas but neons might work.

There aren't a lot of fish that are appropriate for a five gallon tank, especially if your betta is aggressive.

my crowntail is not mean at all! so that's not true it depends on the betta. also cardinals arent recomended with bettas but neons might work.

neons would be good with a betta, but probably not without having a cycled tank. Small scaled fish don't do well with fluctuating water conditions.

What else is left? I'm still debating whether or not to get an ADF but other then that what else is there?

small bristlenose pleco will produce alot of bio, but with having a new tank, you will have to supplement algae tabs and other foods like zuchini and fresh green beans etc.

i got algae waffers and i could do zuchini and green beans but will my betta attack it? D:

i got algae waffers and i could do zuchini and green beans but will my betta attack it? D:

most fish leave plecos alone. not to mention that they are slightly "armored". Bettas generally only go after other fish that look like them. ie, fancy fins like guppies, veiled tetras etc.

i was thinking about andler's livebearer (small fish related to guppies) but i dont know if that would look to much like a betta
p-89595-Endler's-livebeare.jpg

if it will need a bigger tank later what do i do then?

well, you could either get a bigger tank and upgrade, which most of us do anyways.. its an addiction.. or, you could see about rehoming it with your LFS or another fish enthusiast. I got my albino bristlenose for 2.50, so its not a huge investment.

they are really cool fish. largest they get is 6" but most stay around 3 or 4.. and the albinos are really neat looking. i prefer the females to the males, just because they get less "tenticles" on them

Back
Top Bottom