Nitrites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
he will probably spend most of the time near the plants. plants are just as good of hiding spots as pretend castles and such.

I really hate to be a party pooper but I really don't beleive a five gallon tank is big enough for any type of pleco, even a small one. Especially if a larger tank isn't an option in the next few months.

party pooper :p in that case what do you think i should add in my tank to increase my bioload?

i think that setup would be fine for a small pleco, as long as you dont plan on keeping him and are using him just to boost the bio load. hes got plenty of hiding places, wood to rasp on and you already said you would throw in supplemented food but again, this is just my .02

In my humble, party pooping opinion, its really not nice to add more fish of any kind to an uncycled tank.

I have three 5 gallon tanks with only bettas in them and the bioload is plenty. But as you asked....once the cycle is complete, one or Endlers might work if you can find them.

A killifish of a shortfin, small variety would work too. There are numerous varieties that stay under an inch. Or there are several types of nice looking nano rasboras on the market these days. They stay small and could probably handle an aggressive betta.

The only fish thats in my area is probably rasboras. Killifish and endlers i have not seen.

In my humble, party pooping opinion, its really not nice to add more fish of any kind to an uncycled tank.

I have three 5 gallon tanks with only bettas in them and the bioload is plenty. But as you asked....once the cycle is complete, one or Endlers might work if you can find them.

A killifish of a shortfin, small variety would work too. There are numerous varieties that stay under an inch. Or there are several types of nice looking nano rasboras on the market these days. They stay small and could probably handle an aggressive betta.

problem is, his lone betta isn't producing enough bio load to get the cycle moving. and his betta has already shown aggression to other fish, a pleco will go unmolested and produce the appropriate bio load needed to speed up the cycle while not being harassed by the betta. not to mention the bristlenose will be a bit more hardy than the smaller scaled fish.

lol.. and the snail. cant forget the snail. those things get pretty big dont they? thought i read that somewhere.. i personally dont like snails.. ugly little buggers.

Back
Top Bottom