normal cory behavior?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LAK

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi everyone:

need help with cory behavior.

i have two bronze cories and two albino ones. they are all very young.

the two albino ones are constantly going to the middle and top of the tank. i know they are known to do it once in awhile, but these two are constantly doing this. i initially thought they were eating algae off the glass. they are unlike the bronze cories which stay at the bottom.

added an airstone thinking perhaps there wasn't enough oxygen (suggestion by lfs) and that didn't help.

is this normal behavior?

thanks.

Sounds like they're playing, if your parameters are fine I wouldn't worry

Cories will swim up and down the side glass pane when they are new to the tank; that is normal. I would focus my attention on the ones that aren't doing it...

David

Sounds like they're playing, if your parameters are fine I wouldn't worry

Ive had a few cories and they are pretty active regularly,yeah they can stay on bottom,rest,swim.up top for their gulp if air(normal) for them unless they doing it all the time then suspect water quality is not right because they only do it occasionally.
They can be a bit like that when they are new to the tank until they settle in but still do it even when you have had them a while !!!
This is what i love about Cories,the catfish that are bottom dwellers that also swim all around tank,sides up and down.plants and rocks....i love them.
I think i would worry more yes if they stayed just laying on bottom all the time.

hi everyone:

need help with cory behavior.

i have two bronze cories and two albino ones. they are all very young.

the two albino ones are constantly going to the middle and top of the tank. i know they are known to do it once in awhile, but these two are constantly doing this. i initially thought they were eating algae off the glass. they are unlike the bronze cories which stay at the bottom.

added an airstone thinking perhaps there wasn't enough oxygen (suggestion by lfs) and that didn't help.

is this normal behavior?

thanks.

I had my Cories gulp at the surface for a while until I added a second filter.

Back
Top Bottom