normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its still the same temp as it was last night 74...should i put my other heater i took out in there and turn it on? i'm freaking out about the tails..cause i dont know what the issue is and how to solve it

giggalz said:
its still the same temp as it was last night 74...should i put my other heater i took out in there and turn it on? i'm freaking out about the tails..cause i dont know what the issue is and how to solve it

Sounds you got a hold of a bad one, I'd take it back or test it in a bucket of water. If you think the old one will heat it to where you want it, that's what I'd do.

at this point i'm so upset..and confused as to what the issue is..i'm getting frustrated...

the original heater was for about 5 gallons and it was those automatically set ones and thats it..we were testing it out to see if it would work..i think it warmed it up..just not enough to where i want it..and thats why i figured my one female hadnt dropped yet..cause it was to cold..so i bought the heater took the other one out...woke up..to issues..and its been none stop for about 24 hours..

giggalz said:
I've had the thermometer at the far end of the tank from the heater..then stuck it next to it..same reading

U think the thermometer is faulty and not your heater? Maybe the heaters have been working and the temp fluctuations or extremes have Stressed or killed the fish?? Just a thought. I have no idea

no the thermometer works cause i use that to get the right water temp when adding water to the tanks

giggalz said:
no the thermometer works cause i use that to get the right water temp when adding water to the tanks

Ooooooooo lol Sheesh I'm having issues with my heater too... It will heat to 82 at the highest and it now has condensation in it. I don't even have fish yet. It's Brand new

Back
Top Bottom