Office space planted nano concept.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
18" long is viable, but I prefer 12".

On my way to petco now. Is the Fluval Spec V 18"?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was referring to the shorty brother of this one.

Close to it. The Spec V is 17.2 x 10.6 x 6.3"

Here's a Spec V + Current Sat+ combo (not my tank, just example).

Good fit (the light). Not a big fan of the corners/edges of the Fluval line.

I'll see in the store. Any Petco Coupons? I am riding the bus standing up. Not easy to googke

The spec is nicer if seen from both sides. It really takes away from the concept if one decides using any kind of background.

Don't you think there is a market for high end LED as tiny squares, let's say, 6x6? Whatdelhell!

I am under the impression that having an all inclusive tank with a lid will be less of a problem than an open Mr. Aqua. The less room for people to create an issue, the better.

This ideal tank would be a Pico 4 gallon with high lights that I could dose with gluta. The concept of making it warmer and or dim on a pre-programmed setting sold me on the 12" dimmension.

I just fed the bettas, so now I am on my way to PetCo to actually have a tangible idea of the options discussed.

The marineland is not as tall as I thought, and you can actually bring the light closer to the glass.

The other option is this cheap looking cube that comes with the RGB system inbedded. Not sold yet.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406158678.762556.jpg

Well..not too impressed with the Solo "kit".. I'd personally go with the marineland and modify it to my needs.

Yeah, i am going to get the marineland and the RGB in 1 that you recommended.

For a 12"x12" base can 5" of gravel do the trick or is it too thin?

2 to 3" of substrate is considered minimum, so 5" is more than sufficient.

So wait, you're getting both those tanks?

No, just the marineland. And later I will buy the 12" strip LED that you showed me the link.

The marineland is not as tall as I thought, and you can actually bring the light closer to the glass.

The other option is this cheap looking cube that comes with the RGB system inbedded. Not sold yet.View attachment 244203

Okay... if you go to the Marineland site, there's a "Portrait" and a "Contour" in 5 gallons. They look identical other than the light it comes with.

Marineland Desktop Kits | Marineland

Did Petco have both types?

No, just the marineland. And later I will buy the 12" strip LED that you showed me the link.

Here's the coupon code for the light.
"get 10% off your first purchase on lights with coupon code: tptlightclub2014"

@ aquascapedepot.com

No, only the Portrait. That is what I got.

Back
Top Bottom