Official 10 gal bow front nano!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Travis55 said:
Got 5 lbs of black sand at petco. Think that'll be enough for my tank?

Trust me you will not like it. I would mix it with twice as much white sand. It'll really look nice.

Ibrahim said:
Trust me you will not like it. I would mix it with twice as much white sand. It'll really look nice.

So, i hated the black sand.... i went back and bought white... lol it looks sooo much brighter. I got it roughly half full and a heater goin. Im using water from my 55. Ive picked out my best rock. Covered in coraline* algae. Gonna try and top it off tomorrow or wednesday. Hopefully the cloudiness goes away. I gotta get a small powerhead going till my fluval is going. Im getting excited!

ForumRunner_20120214_003635.jpg

ForumRunner_20120214_003651.jpg

Travis55 said:
So, i hated the black sand.... i went back and bought white... lol it looks sooo much brighter. I got it roughly half full and a heater goin. Im using water from my 55. Ive picked out my best rock. Covered in coraline* algae. Gonna try and top it off tomorrow or wednesday. Hopefully the cloudiness goes away. I gotta get a small powerhead going till my fluval is going. Im getting excited!

Told ya so! Lol add a cup of black sand and mix it. You'll love it. I've used all kinds of sand, white, black, brown, red, tan, and others and the black and white mix was the best

Ibrahim said:
Told ya so! Lol add a cup of black sand and mix it. You'll love it. I've used all kinds of sand, white, black, brown, red, tan, and others and the black and white mix was the best

Lol. I'm afraid i won't lime the mix....

If you dont mind can I ask a qusetion? I have a 5 gallon that I thought about going nano saltwater with but I never tried saltwater at all. Is it super hard? Also what kind of lighting is needed to have really colorful corals in a tank that size?

GodFan said:
If you dont mind can I ask a qusetion? I have a 5 gallon that I thought about going nano saltwater with but I never tried saltwater at all. Is it super hard? Also what kind of lighting is needed to have really colorful corals in a tank that size?

It's not too hard. You just need to be on top of your PWC and test every few days. Lighting for a 5g would be around $30-$50 and for a small footprint you could use PC lights.

It's not too hard. You just need to be on top of your PWC and test every few days. Lighting for a 5g would be around $30-$50 and for a small footprint you could use PC lights.
You test every couple days not once a week? Does that get expensive? Also what kind of light? I see threads like this and think maybe but.....

GodFan said:
You test every couple days not once a week? Does that get expensive? Also what kind of light? I see threads like this and think maybe but.....

You can test every week once you've been cycled for 3 months.

Travis55 said:
I just cant decide what i want to do...

Go for it. Guarantee youll love it. Add a 2 cups of black first then add more until you hit that perfect mix. I used petco sand too. 20lbs white and 5lbs black

Ibrahim said:
Go for it. Guarantee youll love it. Add a 2 cups of black first then add more until you hit that perfect mix. I used petco sand too. 20lbs white and 5lbs black

I do like the idea that maybe it will hide some of the other junk that settles on white band

Travis55 said:
I have a 5 pound bag of white in a 5 pound bag of black I wonder how good that would look

Add the full 5lb and a cup or two of the black. Then add more as needed. Rinse the black sand well as it clouds water very well. Same with white

Back
Top Bottom