Orange spot on corydoras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

addisonnolann

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

I have four Julii corydoras and I've noticed one has a really prominent orange spot right behind it's pectoral fin. Is this something I should be concerned about? I tried getting pictures but I couldn't get any that allowed you to see the orange spot. The tank is a ten gallon with a betta and a few WCMM. The parameters are all good. So I don't know what this could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe that one with the orange spot is a corydora adolfi because they have orange behind their pectoral fin too

Maybe, but I never noticed it before. I bought them all together, and was fairly sure they were Julii's. Well, he seems healthy so I'll just keep an eye on him.

Maybe, but I never noticed it before. I bought them all together, and was fairly sure they were Julii's. Well, he seems healthy so I'll just keep an eye on him.

Maybe they were just really young and just started developing their colors but definitely keep an eye out just in case

Back
Top Bottom