oscar/shark tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burton2490

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have an almost full grown oscar and a rainbow shark that is pretty much full grown living as tank mates for 2 years now with no problems. My only problem is the oscar is a very messy eater the shark is pretty good about eating the oscars leftover mess that falls to the bottom but can't keep up as much as i would like him to. what kind of other bottom feeder could i put into the tank to help keep the food mess cleaned up.

Adding another fish won't solve the problem. If your oscar is creating that much of a mess it means you're feeding too much too quickly. Also, try for smaller food that he won't have to chew. If he can just swallow it there will be virtually no mess.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

100 gallon and I also have 1 lazy pleco that likes one corner of the tank even though algae grows in other spots too. As far as the feeding goes the oscar won't eat the small pellets and i only feed him one at a time he just makes a huge mess when he chews.

I already vacuum once a week its just annoying so I was hoping there was something else i could put in there to help me with the cleaning that won't get eaten or beet up.

Back
Top Bottom