Oscars in a planted tank....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PlantedTankDan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i have a 3"-4" Oscar fish in an extra tank. I am awaiting my plants in the mail and plan to have the Oscar in the planted tank. Is this a complete "no no" ? I have heard they may try to uproot a lot of plants. I am also doing primarily flame moss in my tank .... Will this bug the Oscar?

Thank you for your opinions!

Not too sure on the oscar but i got a 4" red devil 2 days ago and he is in a 55 by him self. Came home from work today and he has pulled 3 plastic plants out of the gravel already.

So i have a 3"-4" Oscar fish in an extra tank. I am awaiting my plants in the mail and plan to have the Oscar in the planted tank. Is this a complete "no no" ? I have heard they may try to uproot a lot of plants. I am also doing primarily flame moss in my tank .... Will this bug the Oscar?

Thank you for your opinions!

My Oscar eats my plants.

IF you have hardy heavily rooting plants like amazon sword, then it's possible it could work. But with moss, I have a feeling it'll fail miserably. Moss is so easy to tear up that your Oscar will have a field day with it. IMO

Thanks for the info ... I guess I will plants tank And let them grow ... Then introduce the Oscar ... If he makes a mess I have a good home for him in another tank....

I will post an update for any interested

Back
Top Bottom