Peaceful cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iloverover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What are some of the most peaceful cichlids you can buy? I have a 55 gallon tank that i want to turn into a cichlid tank but i want to keep my Striped Peacock Eel in. So what are some peaceful cichlids and what about a blood parrot??? :huh: :huh:

I'm not sure if you could mix peacocks with blood parrots. But I know that peacocks are one of the lesser aggressive cichlids.

You also probably want to keep peacocks with peacocks and avoid putting cichlids of other lakes.

I've gad blood cichlid parrots since December. They're extremely friendly, but are shy at first. And might nip at fins if another fish has long pretty fins. But they only did that a little while and now they stopped nipping at fins. I'd suggest getting a group of at least 3 so they don't get lonely.

well if i get rid of my peacok eel what are some more peaceful cichlids

Aulonacara is the peacock genus and are some of the most peaceful cichlids. They have absolutely amazing colors. Some mbuna like yellow labs are peaceful too, to an extent.

It's a crap shoot for the eel though,

Cryptoheros sajica, Cleithracara maronii, Mesonauta festivus, and Aequidens pulcher would be my top 4 recommendations with Sajica's being the best looking as well. Any of these species will coexist in a tropical set up with many smaller tankmates.

Back
Top Bottom