peacful large cichlids 55 gallon sa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbles1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
looking for a peaceful large cichlid compatible with like tetras and decently small fish for a 55 gallon and also shell dwellers from lake Tanganyika are those a possibility?

bubbles1 said:
looking for a peaceful large cichlid compatible with like tetras and decently small fish for a 55 gallon and also shell dwellers from lake Tanganyika are those a possibility?

The shell dwellers aren't an option. I would try keyhole cichlids or some ram cichlids. Also if you're more experienced you could try angelfish.

bubbles1 said:
not even like multis

Oh multis...hmm well I dunno I've only heard one thing an that they were great...hmm I don't know maybe you should wait for someone who has more experience with multis to come and respond to your thread.

The multies need a much different environment. Severums get too large for a 55 IMO. Their aggression really varies from species to species. A keyhole is a good suggestion as well as apistogramma, geos, bolivian rams, angels, etc. Stay with a 4-6" max size and be sure they are SA fish and you should be fine.

ive heard about geos but im not very familiar with them but i am quite interested, if you could name some non aggressive and ones that look really cool. and also the same problem with angels i like them but am not to sure i might be over cautious though:p

Back
Top Bottom