Peacock eel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hahaha im literally going to get one right now hahah im crazy. Ow long shall i acclimate him/her for?

Ok here he is!! We named him NuNu...like the vacum in teletubbies hahaha hes about 3.5 in. Could have gotten one that was about 6 in but i didnt want to. Even with all the lights on, hes out and about!!! He is pretty sociable so far.. And the glolight just stare at him hahah! Thank you all so much for making this fish possible in one day! Hahah here he is sorry bad pic

Awesome eel purchase! The pic. Actually looks like you got the striped peacock eel! Take another pic.

Couldnt get many pics, maybe tonight! Big difference between the two? He was only 5.50$ !!!

No they are basically the same eel. Some have a certain gene that makes stripes more prevalent on them. Regular peacock eels like I have, have faded stripes, almost invisible.

Well...hes dead! Went right into the poweread and commited suicide.....im so upset. Petsmart lady specifically said this WOULDNT happen...im getting a refund....so mad at myself for not putting a dang net over the stupid thing...

Yep.. If i can get another for free, should i get the bigger one this time? Any other saftey precautions i should take this time? We even put plactic over every little hole on the tanks top...

Nah, i took him back and the lady was REAL nice about it..got a new one. Still sad though and the powerhead is gone. But this one is bigger, could a 6 incher eat glolights?

No peacock eels have very small mouths and will not be able to eat anything bigger than it's mouth!

K well today i added an algea wafer and bliodworm cube to the tank. Problem: my glolight tetras at totally FAT now from picking at it all the entire day!!! Now, there is a hugeee mess. So, should i leave it all? Think my peacock will clean it up?

i have a zebra eel and i never feed him a whole cube at once. I cut a piece off thaw it out and take a turkey baster and target feed him so it's not a huge mess. He has a serious love for live brine shrimp he chases them all over the bottom of the tank. I also feed him a piece of the blood worm cube by hand sometimes eats it right out of my hand he is very active and friendly as can be.

But i like to separate the cube so my catfish can get some too..will my peacock clean up?

Back
Top Bottom