Perfect Tank mates for angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cauterox04

Aquarium Advice Activist
please post all your tank mates that you have successfully had with angles thank you

Angelfish are chiclids, but they are less aggressive, angelfish are also slower moving fish, so faster fish like African chiclids are not ideal. I've also seen angelfish flourish in a tropical tank, but again, slow moving fish are best. They do well with a bunch of angels so I would just get 5-10 angels and some bottom feeders. Not a bunch of bottom feeder though that could discourage them to stay away from the ground

I have my 1 angel with rummynose tetras, some hatchets, a Raphael cat, gold tiger pleco and 2 bumbleebee cats.

Cardnial tetras, glowlight tetras, black neons, bristle nose plecos, Corys, killie fish, and ottos are all fish I've kept with my larger angel (4-5") they tend to do better with smaller fish if they are raised with them.

I hve a 55 gallon with blood fin tetras a rose line shark, zebra danios, and a few others and the 2 angel fish I have in their do fine. I would never reccomend putting angelfish in a cichlid tank even though angelfish are cichlids.

I have my 2 angel fish with 2 clown barbs 3 silver dollars a blue gromei a leaf fish and a sun catfish but he will eat them if they are 2 small so I would leave him out and a tuber nose and com pleco in my 55 ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395935718.175257.jpg

I thought angels need to be in pairs as a minimum

With angels is a toss of the dice, it's hard to find two or more that will get along in a tank. I've had three live very peacefully in a 55g for years, recently I had to separate two I had in a 55g, once they reached maturity they can get very nasty towards each other.

They don't "need" to be in pairs, they can do well alone or with compatible tank mates.

I have 4 angels 6 white and black skirts 5 Roseline sharks 2 Molly's and 16 cardinal tetras

I've had Angels with other peaceful non nippy tank mates.
Bleeding Heart Tetras, Cardinal Tetras ( with lots of plants to hide in ) , Cories, a single Pearl Gourami, a Ram or 2 etc...
Zebra Danios can be annoying and nippy in some tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two angels in my 45 gallon tank with a big assortment of fish. Everything from tetras, discuss, rainbow sharks... Never had a problem.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1396208101881.jpg
    1396208101881.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 1396208124066.jpg
    1396208124066.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 123
I have an angel with dwarf gourami's, guppys, and kuhli loaches.

I was researching pairing dwarf gouramis with angels and all that I read suggested that the gourami will munch on the angels fins and that it's a bad idea.

So your experience with the two fish is positive?

So, here are some of the species I can think of off the top of my head: kuhli loaches, red sumo loaches, dojo loaches, zebras loaches, clown loaches, rams, laetacara curviceps, keyhole cichlid, laetacara thayeri, kribs, pitbull pleco, bnp, otos, Chinese algae eater, farlowella, rubberlip pleco, rummy nose tetra, cherry barbs, cories, mollies, platies, red paradise gourami, honey gourami, silvertip tetras, skirt tetras. I know there are more whose names are escaping me.
My angels have lived with smaller tetras for as long as I have had them, but in their adulthood, they will still eat guppies and neons if they get the chance.
Also, I have a bigger problem getting eh angels to live harmoniously with each other than with other fish. They can have an array of personalities, and some are more combative or territorial than others.

Back
Top Bottom