Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishdude, use can just use the GE ones at Walmart. They sell 6500k 13watt and 23watt cfls.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do know if anyone is still following. But no real updates. Tank still looks the same. Battling black algae and oh yeah I'm finally pressurized. I'm also in the process of making a stand. Stay turned.

FTS
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414024253.005743.jpg

S. Repens with algae
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414024280.424784.jpg

HM with algae
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414024344.603648.jpg

5lb tank
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414024399.250547.jpg

Where yeah been meng?? Stand looks diesel!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow, almost 6 weeks between posts? Anyhow, still following. Nice that you can fit the 5 lb tank under the stand. I had to mount the paintball tank on the side. How are you liking is so far?
The algae on the star repens looks familiar. Kind of hairy and concentrated on the leaf's edges. I'm thinking it is more than likely stag horn rather than BBA. A few months ago I got things stabilized but went all Dr. Jekyll on my ferts so I'm not sure exactly what did it. I do recall I starting dosing glut at 1 mL per gallon and that seemed to knock it out. Increased phosphate and decreased nitrate.
Keep posting updates.

Where yeah been meng?? Stand looks diesel!

Brookster what up man! My phone was broke for a while and been busy with work and the honey do list.

I'm wrapping the stand with finished plywood and gonna hang doors and trim it out. Just wait my friend.

Get a new phone bro! Haha, can't wait to see the finished product!

Wow, almost 6 weeks between posts? Anyhow, still following. Nice that you can fit the 5 lb tank under the stand. I had to mount the paintball tank on the side. How are you liking is so far?
The algae on the star repens looks familiar. Kind of hairy and concentrated on the leaf's edges. I'm thinking it is more than likely stag horn rather than BBA. A few months ago I got things stabilized but went all Dr. Jekyll on my ferts so I'm not sure exactly what did it. I do recall I starting dosing glut at 1 mL per gallon and that seemed to knock it out. Increased phosphate and decreased nitrate.
Keep posting updates.

I really like the pressurized co2 but it's only my first week with it, so no noticeable grow. My dosing have been off since I've been waking up late on the mornings. Hopefully I can get back to a more regimented schedule. I will try adding more glut and see if that works. I've tired to "shoot" it right on the plant but it's starts to die off. I'm guessing it too sensitive for direct glut. What can I add to raise phosphates?

I really like the pressurized co2 but it's only my first week with it, so no noticeable grow. My dosing have been off since I've been waking up late on the mornings. Hopefully I can get back to a more regimented schedule. I will try adding more glut and see if that works. I've tired to "shoot" it right on the plant but it's starts to die off. I'm guessing it too sensitive for direct glut. What can I add to raise phosphates?

I can't remember...are you doing PPS? If so, then increase the KH2PO4 in the macro mix. The standard amount is 3 grams per 500 mL DI water. You could double it. Oh, and get a phosphate kit to get a baseline reading before you do anything.

I can't remember...are you doing PPS? If so, then increase the KH2PO4 in the macro mix. The standard amount is 3 grams per 500 mL DI water. You could double it. Oh, and get a phosphate kit to get a baseline reading before you do anything.

Yup PPS pro. I have a kit, haven't use it yet. I don't add the nirate and after the test might up the phosphates. Use the baseline from the kit?

Use the baseline from the kit?

What I meant is just test the phosphate level now to get an idea how much is in there from the current PPS pro dosing and from other sources (fish food).

What I meant is just test the phosphate level now to get an idea how much is in there from the current PPS pro dosing and from other sources (fish food).

I get what you mean. That's what I meant.

Well just got done doing a lil maintenance and felt like taking some pics.

FTS
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414903506.916597.jpg

FTS
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414903530.768497.jpg

Left side of the tank with new s.repens from fresh2o. Also put a new bulb on this side. Kinda gives it a washed out look
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414903666.270585.jpg

Right side. Getting algae under control
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414903799.603277.jpg

Oto eating
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414903855.112827.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Nice pics. Removal of the HM "hedge" really opens up the front. Can appreciate the swords now.
Looks like you've got that algae under control. CO2 does wonders. Star repens looks nice when it gets dense like it is on the right side.

Back
Top Bottom