Planning to populate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Six inch is quite big, maybe something ranging from 10 to 25 for a 100gal. I know from experience that heavily stocking helps out in african tanks. Maybe some cichlid experts could give more insight. What type of malawi exactly are you trying to stock?

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

Six inch is quite big, maybe something ranging from 10 to 25 for a 100gal. I know from experience that heavily stocking helps out in african tanks. Maybe some cichlid experts could give more insight. What type of malawi exactly are you trying to stock?

55 Gallon- Empty
220 Gallon- To come...

I chose 6 inches because I was told by the aquarium shop that this is the average size. As for the type of fish, I’m not decided yet. I do like Electric yellow Labidochromis Caeruleus, Pseudotropheus Demasoni and Inca Apistogramma Apistogramma Baenschi. I’m not even sure if they can be mixed.

I am new at this.

I see, sorry , africans arent my strong point but for a beginner, you should start with Mbuna Africans. You can go on Aqadvisor and check those fish out or look at other peoples mbuna tanks. I know the electric yellow is a stunning mbuna fish and a lot of mbunas has vibrant colors. Best of luck!

55 Gallon- Empty
220 Gallon- To come...

I chose 6 inches because I was told by the aquarium shop that this is the average size. As for the type of fish, I’m not decided yet. I do like Electric yellow Labidochromis Caeruleus, Pseudotropheus Demasoni and Inca Apistogramma Apistogramma Baenschi. I’m not even sure if they can be mixed.

I am new at this.

The yellow lab demasoni are African cichlids from lake Malawi and are Mbunas so they can go with haps and peacocks but it's very difficult for beginners. I would get rid of the inca and maybe go for some cherry reds and red fin borleyis to offset the blues and yellows and get more diversity(the males that is)

Back
Top Bottom