Planted 30x30x30cm cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mumma.of.two said:
Still waiting on my plants. Hopefully here Monday or Tuesday. I'll be cranky if they are sitting at the post office all weekend!

Ah ya could be..break in and get em mumma!

image-4121898835.jpg

image-2822631808.jpg

The lotus melted and died so I'm going to get another one from my 70g. They are growing like crazy in there. All the new plants seem fine. They've been in the tank a week now. Have a lot of diatoms and had a little thread algae. Cut back the photoperiod to 6 hours from 8 and it's gone now.
(excuse the ugly sponge on the filter)

aquaponicpaw said:
Nice cube! looking forward to seeing the plants grow out. And I can't recall the last time I've seen a betta so pretty. How long have you had Him?

I've had him since November. He was already full grown when I got him so I have no idea how old he is.

image-3816118552.jpg

Plants are growing in slowly.

image-4080548526.jpg

Chain sword has started growing submersed leaves and is shooting runners.

image-181314015.jpg

Downoi is doing nothing. Lol. Not growing but it's not melting or browning.

image-3471135394.jpg

Moved some baby tears from another tank to fill a gap beside the wood.
(yes that is an otto, don't shoot me!)

image-4236933654.jpg

This is what happens when you supplement ottos with a whole log of algae. Lol. The tank was vacuumed yesterday!

I am thinking of steeling the crypts for my riparium and replacing them with a plant I got a few days ago. It's been tentatively IDed as HM.
Thoughts?

Just wanted to say that I love your lay-out. :) No thoughts on the HM, crypt switch though...sorry...lol. :)

Mumma.of.two said:
I think I'm going to do it. :) last chance to stop me lol!

I'd go ahead and switch it:). I think it'll look great, not like the tank isn't beautiful the way it is currently;)

image-1330640316.jpg

It's a bit cloudy from me fussing with the filter.

image-3956102972.jpg

Added another lotus. The other one was coming back slowly but I was being impatient.

image-352384845.jpg

image-3488992152.jpg

image-3835516918.jpg

Moved the rocks a bit more upright.

image-2937986841.jpg

Finally ditched the sponge and added a bottle baffle. Works really well!

Last edited:
image-1154503481.jpg

image-3285533287.jpg

The HM is growing fast. It's starting to grow horizontally. I'm very pleased with that! For the last two afternoons I've seen tiny bubbles coming from it. They aren't sticking to the leaves and it's not visible (to my eyes) where exactly they are coming from (it's not from the substrate). It that considered pearling? I didn't think it was possible without co2.

image-3220689422.jpg

The Downoi is very slowly getting new growth.

image-2287536071.jpg

Sherbet, the silly boy, has been nipping his own fins. I caught him three times today with mouthfuls of his own fin. :/ he's done some damage to himself. If he doesn't cut it out I'm going to move him to a different tank to, hopefully, distract him. One of my other bettas will have to be moved in.

Last edited:
Beautiful tank! Remind me again what HM stands for? Huge Monkey? Hat Machine? No seriously, that's a cute plant and I think it would work well in some of mine...what is it?

VioletEmber said:
Beautiful tank! Remind me again what HM stands for? Huge Monkey? Hat Machine? No seriously, that's a cute plant and I think it would work well in some of mine...what is it?

Thank you. Hahahaha!
'hemianthus micranthemoides' or 'pearl grass'

Back
Top Bottom