planting s. repens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How do you plant them?! They keep floating up and it's getting really really frustrating.

I'm trying to make a carpet, they have stiff roots which is why they keep floating up, even when buried deep.

They make a nice carpet tho. Just really aggravating haha

I let my stem plants float so they're closer to the light which makes them grow their roots faster then plant them.

Ahh, I don't have a powerhead but need one.

I have sand so my plants usually root well. Can you try potting them and then bury the pot ? Or pot them temporarily till the roots are better, then plant ?
Are they getting enough ferts to root well ?

I don't have any pots. And yeah they get enough ferts, they just have stiff roots that take 2-3 weeks to root to the substrate.

Irritating, right? Just woke up and four are already floating.. I'm gonna go crazy haha

They were grown submerged and sold to me healthy haha they are very hardy. But idk, if anyone has had any experience with these, as you can see, help would be APPRECIATED!

well i had some plants that were hardy n they were healty then i added them to my tank and they melted but a few days later they came back to life alot stronger thats just my experience

Yeah, I think that's what's happening but what I did and I think I got it right was take some leaves off to leave room for the roots and buried em deep enough to where I pulled the leaves off cause the leaves were gonna rot anyways if I just buried em so I took some I off, think I got it! Haha hope so

Yeah hopefully I'll have my carpet in no time!

Back
Top Bottom