planting s. repens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah hopefully i dont know much about planted tanks im just learning but i heard that it might take like 1 or 2 months or it depends on how many plants u got

Yeah, I know all that:) the seller told me once it roots they take over completely.

Haha they require high light and co2. You can prolly try micro sword, dwarf hairgrass can grow a bit long to have that carpet effect.

You need a good substrate too, I think. And I think you bury them in pots at first but idk, it's just what I've been reading up on.

Crystalwort makes a great carpet but it HAS to be tied down to something or else it will float up and spread everywhere since you use a powerhead.

You can tie moss to your driftwood and it will spread:)

cool ill see how it goes but thats till the driftwood gets cured or aquarium ready and my wallet heals from the things i got and broken car also this might sound stupid but will moss grow fast in high light and will they be affected by current which its not that strong due that the power head its pointing up and towards the aquarium wall

Hmmm I don't think it will be affected by it but it depends on what kinda moss you have. Some moss can grow slow, I think java moss grows fast but heard that some people with Java moss grows slow. If you're gonna put any type of moss on your driftwood, try flame and taiwan moss, I think that's what it's called, they look incredible on driftwood. But that's just me:) speaking of current, you should keep it as it is, I'm getting my a** kicked by something that has to do with low current in the water, can't figure out what it is.

I tried doing that but couldn't get my hands on a good piece of driftwood. But you can do that if that's what you want, I'm sure the fishies would love the shade.

Ha I'm trying to do a carpet of Java moss on a piece a slate and it looks bad lol thinking about taking it out

I want somethin hardy and medium to fast growin also im not sure if I got medium or low light, I have 2x54 w t5ho and a regular light idk of its 32 watts over a 75 gall this r the light bulbs

I'm guessing medium. I have 2×24w t5ho over a 36 bowfront and plants are doing good:) check out plantgeek.com, they have a list of plants you can grow under your light. Also make sure any of your bulbs are not actinic as I heard they don't do the plants good.

Back
Top Bottom