Platinum angelfish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sharkbait54 said:
I'm sorry to hear that the best thing you can do is take him back I suppose. The fin will heal.

Ya, Since hes been damaged, that means they really dont like eachother huh? And does that mean our angel is a boy?

It's probably safe to say they really don't like eachother but when I put my second angel the established attacked it, it was the female. I know now cause they are breeding. So gabrial could be a female.

K so they are getting on ALOT better now. Gabriel will still chase, but not nearly as much. The white angel (i think he'll be named bait lol) is eating like a champ, and actually is venturing around the tank more! So far, so good. Any more fin damage and well have to give bait away, but we will stick it out another day at least :) i hope they could be buddies! Or...at least aquantences, right?! Haha :D

Sharkbait54 said:
Still doing good guys?

As far as i can tell, yess. Gabriel will still go after him from time to time, so not perfect! When do you think the agression will ware off? Bait has some nipped fins still, but i dont think any of the nips are recent, only saturday nights

Impossible to say. It's either going to improve, or get a lot worse as the fish mature.

Ok this is weird. Bait is always swimming twoards gabriel. He will stick around right next to him for as long as he can until gabriel chases him off. Is this normal? He usually hovers right next to gabriel, after a minute or so gabriel will look over and peck at bait, and then bait will like fake dead, and slowly drift away. Take a lap around the hornwort and go right back lol

maestromad said:
Maybe Gabriel is a girl! And bait is trying his charms out?? Lol

Lol well that that means gabriel is a big lady, and she is an abuser ;) haha oh, well than maybe its gabrielA? hahah

So, I know I am late to this party, but here I am!
Since you already bought the angel, I do hope it works out for you. IME, angels are territorial of course, but some seem to like social interaction more than others. It could be that your new angel is the opposite gender from Gabriel and is trying to flirt, or the new kid could just be seeking company because it is used to being with other angels. Who knows? Younger angels seem to often school together until a certain age when they start to maintain their own territory. It is also possible that Gabriel is old enough to be territorial and the new angel isn't.
My advice is to just continue to keep an eye on it and hope for the best. Since one angel was established in there already, some chasing/nipping/displaying was inevitable IMO. So, hopefully it dies down. Just keep in mind that it could also get worse as they get older.
Did you try turning off the lights and re-arranging all the plants/decor?

absolutangel04 said:
So, I know I am late to this party, but here I am!
Since you already bought the angel, I do hope it works out for you. IME, angels are territorial of course, but some seem to like social interaction more than others. It could be that your new angel is the opposite gender from Gabriel and is trying to flirt, or the new kid could just be seeking company because it is used to being with other angels. Who knows? Younger angels seem to often school together until a certain age when they start to maintain their own territory. It is also possible that Gabriel is old enough to be territorial and the new angel isn't.
My advice is to just continue to keep an eye on it and hope for the best. Since one angel was established in there already, some chasing/nipping/displaying was inevitable IMO. So, hopefully it dies down. Just keep in mind that it could also get worse as they get older.
Did you try turning off the lights and re-arranging all the plants/decor?

Hey absolut, where ya been? Lol, ya i also think that it was definatly going to happen, and it has. But on the bright side the agression has died down ALOT. I walk up to the tank and see them right next to eachother, with bait being the annoying little sibling to gabriel almost lol. But, when i leave, gabriel chases bait out of his room so to speak. Although this is happening, it actually seems that the pair will be able to coexist. If not, i have a backup plan :) i definatly dont want the nipping to get worse though....haha.

Yes, i turned off the lights for the day i acclimated bait, but didnt move plants. I have floating hornwort for cover, and bait dwfinatly takes advantage of that. A couple pics of my buddies...:D

Wow he looks amazing. I'm glad they are doing better.

Hopfully it'll progress and they'll start liking eachother.

Sharkbait54 said:
Wow he looks amazing. I'm glad they are doing better.

Hopfully it'll progress and they'll start liking eachother.

Ya, he is pretty cool! I hope so too...look close on his tail and you can see a little bit of nippage :'(

Beautiful angels.
Off topic but can you tell me what the plant is up the back right corner?

cheeky_monkey said:
Beautiful angels.
Off topic but can you tell me what the plant is up the back right corner?

Of the full tank shot? Thats a "bihir" i have been told. I think the leaves are supposed to turn a more pink color, but it hasent been doing all too well.

Thanks guys, he is a flashy fish!

Back
Top Bottom