PLEASE HELP BumbleBee Goby white patch!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Themant12

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently got a new pair of Bumblebee Gobys for my brackish aquarium and have had then for about 72 hours as of now. I picked them up from a local fish store here where I am. I had been looking around and asked the owner about them and he told me they were healthy and happy. I went ahead and brought them home and quarantined them for 24 hours in some simple medications such as pima and melafix. The female is doing amazing and has been eating live california blackworms since day one. The male hoiwever ate only on the firt day home. Since, he has refused food and a white cloud-type formation has appeared on his lower lip/jawline. What is it and what do I do to help the poor guy? (Male named Bumblebee / Female named Coral) I dont want to loose these guys! I have put one does of E.M. Erythromycin in (200mg) and so I don't know what to do past this. I'm thinking its a fungal infection but I don't know 100%.

Fluval 16g tank
Gh 180ppm
Kh 0
Ph 6.5
No2 0ppm
No3 5.0ppm
Ammonia 1.0ppm

(Female is resting on driftwood, male is on gravel)

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 35
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 29
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 60
Hello.

Several things

pH looks to be too low for this fish
KH is way too low
Ammonia 1 is too high

16G tank too small

QT should be for a period of time to ensure the wellness of the fish. 24 hours is a very short amount of time.

With the stress of what this fish is experiencing it is likely to get worse you need to right the tank parameters.

Add Calcium as directed by the container. You can use Kent's Marine super dKH
Superbuffer.

***First do a bunch of water changes and get that ammonia down.

Also check your tap water and see if it has any ammonia out of the tap. After doing 2 50% pwc back to back (one right after another), you can test ammonia again and see what it is. Then watch feeding and do not over feed the fish.

Details for these fish are listed in the link at the end.

On a positive note you have food they like, and if the one didn't have damage on his jaw he would likely be eating.

You need to have the water quality basically perfect to give the fish's immune system the chance to work on fixing the fish.

https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/978/?pcatid=978

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom