Please help major problem and death!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dwarf gouramis get 2/2.5 inches. It isn't so much that they are a problem but overstocked like that and the fact they can get aggressive might not work so well. It also depends on the actual fish too- some might not get as aggressive as others. Gouramis are territorial too so it is also suggested to add them last. Sometimes they will go after new fish

Guppies and those barbs are one of the types of fish that you either need all males or all females or a 3:1 female to make ratio or the males will sometimes torment the females to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cherry barbs are schooling fish, and should also be kept in groups. Just a small school of 5 or 6 cherry barbs, plus a small school of 5 or 6 of neons would be quite a full stock for a 10 gallon. The gouramis might get along for now, but young gouramis are not as territorial. When they mature, they'll probably fight over territory in such a small tank.

With the barbs I would even say an 8 minimum 6 females and 2 males

Well the Gouramis are over 6 months old. If they ever start having issues a neighbor has a 75 gallon who can prob take one. And cherry barbs and guppies are all males. I'm getting a 5 gallon fluval spec tank for my bday I'm two weeks and am moving some of the fish in the 10 gallon to the 5 but I currently just have the 10 and 1 gallon tanks so I can move more than one fish maybe to the one... But I don't want anymore in the one. I currently have one maybe 1/3inch rosy minnow in there and when it starts getting big I'm going to get rid of it and I have 4 young cherry shrimp. I have a question about them too. I had five and one died which I expected at least one to die. But the reamaining ones are mostly red two really bright red ones and two more transparent but still red ones. How can I tell if they are females or males?

In a 5 gallon you can really only have 2 fish max. Or shrimp or a betta. Most of the fish you have are schooling and need 6 or more so they can't go in a 5gal

What kind of fish so you have in your tanks and what size are your tanks?

I have a 20 gallon long with guppies and snails.

And a 55gal community - a few tetras a few rainbows a few Denison barbs and some clown loaches

Both of ours are live plants

Ok so you don't have any small ones? And how do you keep down the algea?

With the right light, water parameters and plants/fertilizers you don't get an algae problem :)

Well my quarantine is a 12 gallon.

In my ten gal I have 7 neons, 1 betta, and two nerite snails. And lots of live plants.

In my 20g I have 2 orange starburst shrimp (like cherry but orange), 6 galaxy rasboras, 1 zebra danio fry (1/8 of an inch long) and two nerite snails. Several live plants.

30g 5 harlequin rasborras, 1 male guppy, tons of ghost shrimp and tons or fire red cherry shrimp live plants

17g is plants only so far

180g 7 angels (moving 4 to breeder tanks soon), 17 zebra danios, 8 khuli loaches, 14 ottos, 17 nerite snails, 12 amono shrimp. Lots and lots of live plants.

10g breeder has lots of danio fry and so many anarchis you can hardly see babies.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks! Gives me a few ideas!! And I have one nerite snail in my 10 gallon... The day i got it I started seeing white specs on the glass. Nothing has happened and it been about a month maybe more except they are falling off. Would they be nerite snail eggs? And if so why won't they hatch?

Also what are good beginner plants? I have amazon swords and a grassy plant so far

Thanks! Gives me a few ideas!! And I have one nerite snail in my 10 gallon... The day i got it I started seeing white specs on the glass. Nothing has happened and it been about a month maybe more except they are falling off. Would they be nerite snail eggs? And if so why won't they hatch?

Nerites are known for the little white eggs. People hate this about them. Those eggs will hatch but won't survive because the babies need to be in salty brackish water. This is why people love them for fresh water algae control. They don't breed like crazy.

The eggs go away eventually. Again lots of people have gotten rid of the snails over them, but I very much enjoy the great cleaning job they do.

Sent from my iPhone

You could move the male guppies in the 5 gal, but that's the only thing I would recommend. I have a 10 gallon with like 10 female guppies and a mystery snail. A 5 gallon with 3 males and a snail. And a new freshly stocked 20 gal with endler's, ottos, cories, and RCS

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ok thanks!! I don't have the 5 gallon tank yet in getting it for my birthday! Have you ever seen or used a fluval spec 5 gallon tank? What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom