Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks red. Never knew you had one before . He is still pretty scared of me but he seems to be coming around .

I am sure he will get used to his new home!

Yes, I am trying to remember when I purchased mine. My guess would be around the summer of 2009 or maybe 2010. He grew pretty large, and consequently became unhappy in my old 55g. Luckily at that point I had learned a great deal about stocking and gave him to the pet store since my tank would not suffice (and he was a bit aggressive, which is probably because he was crammed in such a small aquarium).

Enjoy your new little guy, they are very cool! Mine used to wedge himself in the rocks to sleep;that was fun to view!

Thanks guys. Are they fast growers? Hoping he can get to at least 1.5 before he has to be moved . Redsea this guy crams himself into the same spot every night so far .I can see him holding himself with his bottom flapper thing . Really cool fish so I hope he behaves once he is bigger. I would hate to have to deport another trigger.

Another update on the little guy. He pretty much stays out most of the day now and has become quite the hovering fish. Doesn't swim much but stays in one spot and looks out . Pretty funny stuff. Also stopped by the lfs were I got him and was told the other 2 keep going into a hole in a rock and won't come out. The poor employee was on his 4th hour trying to coax them out . Fish 1 humans 0 lol .

Glad you are enjoying you new guy! It is very interesting how they sleep and hide, but I guess it is not so interesting if you are trying to catch one! :lol:

I stopped by the lfs that breeds clowns and planned on buying a pair to put in qt . I wound up leaving with one clown and a white spotted Toby puffer. Found out from the lfs owner that he actually caught it himself in Hawaii and brought it back himself . I thought that was pretty neat . Will try to get some pics or a video soon .

I stopped by the lfs that breeds clowns and planned on buying a pair to put in qt . I wound up leaving with one clown and a white spotted Toby puffer. Found out from the lfs owner that he actually caught it himself in Hawaii and brought it back himself . I thought that was pretty neat . Will try to get some pics or a video soon .

Nice new fish! What kind of Clown did you end up going with?

Yes it is a warehouse saltwater store which he owns and runs himself . He goes on trips and gets his friends to take care of things while he makes his trips to get fish and corals . He showed me on google maps where he got it from but I can not remember the name right now :( . He brought back lots of corals too.

Chop will more than likely not pay any attention to it at all. After 2 .5 year's he has payed any mind to any of the fish. Food is his only motivation. :)

Nice new fish! What kind of Clown did you end up going with?

One of their tank bred occelaris . They breed a few different types there . I have been back there in their breeding room and it is a ton of work .

Last edited:
One of their tank bred occelaris . They breed a few different types there . I have been back there in their breeding room and it is a ton of work .

Great! I love Clownfish, you have to have one in every suitable saltwater tank in my opinion! :)

Well got some bad news . I found the Toby puffer barely moving after work yesterday. I figured it would be a good idea to move the rocks to find the trigger who has been hiding a lot. Well I found his fins completely riddled with puffer bite marks . I examined the puffer some more and found some marks on its underside . Looks like they got into it at some point in time. Neither one was seen this morning so I will have to get in there and move stuff around again after work today . The clownfish is still doing well.

Well after a day nothing was changing with the fish in qt. I decided to do a erythromycin treatment to prevent any bacterial infections from popping up because of how badly the trigger was torn up. The toby has started swimming again tonight and picking at some food, but you can tell he isn't 100% yet.. The trigger fishes fins look really good from what I can see but it still has not left his cave .We will see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom