Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nicely done.

and you have room to adj your overflow up and not have the pipes contact the bottom of your dt right? i think with the screws you get like an inch inch and a half of adjustment. the only thing that i would would suggest are the unions should you want to brake it down.

looking good mike.

Well I adjusted the overflow all the way up then fit and cut the pipes. Plenty of room to lower it all the way if needs to be. Thanks going to take a break the do the return section.

ok so i read the christy's can front to back top to bottom. i didnt see anything mentioning fda or potable water. so maybe you would be good with what ever you can find?

Your probably right . I found some info online that they talk about using Christies and just regular pipe cement . It didn't seem like it makes a difference once it cures.

On that page you will see a fitting with a loc line ball on one end and threads on the other. Just need to get the PVC fitting with female threads to a slip fit or how ever you want to go with your pipe work.

The only stupid question is the one not asked.

Ok I see what part your talking about. What's your opinion on pool filter sand for the tank ? I have been doing the numbers and according to the sandbed calculator I'm looking at 600 lbs of sand . At 20 bucks for 30 lbs that's about $400. Not really what I was expecting for sand cost .

carey and several others have used pool filter sand for their dsb. i plan on finding the whitest pfs i can find to use on my 125 as soon as i can get it going.

ive read that its chemically the same as your aquarium glass. only the structure of it is different. and no, they have reported zero issues using it.

Back
Top Bottom