Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any particular reason? I really don't want to put anything in my tank . I want it all natural so I'm hesitant on the carbon. I had an increase in diatoms so I'm pretty sure that's why the tank has a haze maybe I'll just give it a few days.

Hondatek said:
Any particular reason? I really don't want to put anything in my tank . I want it all natural so I'm hesitant on the carbon. I had an increase in diatoms so I'm pretty sure that's why the tank has a haze maybe I'll just give it a few days.

The haze is probably a bacteria bloom. My UV sterilizer takes care of that.

Hondatek said:

I do it for my mandarin.

So it looks like my heniochus may have to go back to the Lfs. Whenever my sailfin comes out he just starts picking on him. I thought at first he was cleaning him but he is leaving marks. This really sucks.

I had to return my henacious as well he thaught my acans were his lunch. And since they cost more the B&W lost and got returned lol. But I really did like home always out in front swimming around.

He is a jerk . This morning I caught him pecking at porc chop. Needless to say I am beyond mad . I would quit this hobby if something happened to chop. The henio is in cellblock S ( my sump) . Going to the lfs on my lunch and will see what they can do for me.

That sucks good luck I am sure they will take him back as long as its healthy.

Talked to the guy at my Lfs and he said he would take it back and give credit. He said if they won't take it back to tell them to call him . Really good guy and Lfs.

Picture time . The heniochus has been returned and swapped out with a yellow mimic tang. So far so good .

Can anyone suggest a fish to be my last addition to the tank . I want a blue fish so I'm thinking hippo tang but I'm not sure if that will overstock my tank. Can anyone suggest some blue fish ? They need to get at least 6 inches long and be non aggressive . Current stock zebra lion , porc puffer, yellow mimic tang, sailfin tang. Thanks

You'll be fine with another Tang in your 180g.

As for a blue fish, have you ever given thought to some of the larger wrasses? The Male Bird Wrase:
Bird Wrasse

Take a look. Quite a few of them are blue and would do well in your FOWLR

The only wrasse I like are the dragon wrasse but they burrow so I'm staying away from them . I'll check that one you suggested out. Thanks

Powder blue tangs a quite nice. How a bout a trigger the blue throat is grey but is very nice

The mimic and the powder blue are from the same family of tangs so I would pass just incase they fight. Triggers are too aggressive . Thanks for the suggestion though I appreciate it.

I still would rather have one fish that eats my cuc than two of them. I don't care that my puffer picks them off every now and then but two invert eaters is going to cost to much.

Back
Top Bottom