post your cichlid setup here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
125 african tank

Trying to upload pic and vid of our cichlid tank, forgot to add any description before hitting upload. hopefully it comes up soon, this is our 125 gallon african tank, about to start a 55 gallon for our mississippi map turtle and electric blue lobster that are currently in a 20 gallon long tank. Hopefully we can add something else in with them. gonna try to add pics of them too.

Attachments

• IMG_0124[1].jpg
    IMG_0124[1].jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 153
20g long, 1 female convict, 1 unknown firemouth:

ftXZGE7h.jpg

I've shown alot of pics of my tank so I thought it would be cool to show the behind the scenes mechanical "guts" if you will :) I have plans on adding a sump but that won't happen until I can get the tank broke down & off the stand because the way my stand is built I need to gut it first. Until then I'm running 3 AC 110's & a fluval fx5. Would love to add a 4th AC but the bracing does not allow room for another. May throw another canister on. I also run sponge filters in a my tanks :D

Attachments

• image-1401438031.jpg
    image-1401438031.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 129
  • image-2547006752.jpg
    image-2547006752.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 113
  • image-3517426772.jpg
    image-3517426772.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 110
I've shown alot of pics of my tank so I thought it would be cool to show the behind the scenes mechanical "guts" if you will :) I have plans on adding a sump but that won't happen until I can get the tank broke down & off the stand because the way my stand is built I need to gut it first. Until then I'm running 3 AC 110's & a fluval fx5. Would love to add a 4th AC but the bracing does not allow room for another. May throw another canister on. I also run sponge filters in a my tanks :D

Now you KNOW I gotta say something. Put all that "stuff" in a cabinet so we don't see it lol. Nice and clean!!

Cool set up

Here is my newly set up 55. I originally had a 30 with the three bigger guys and a electric blue cray who died recently. I have a jack Dempsey, bristlenose pleco, yellow lab, bumblebee, red zebra, a Auratus and one I'm not sure of as well as a small school of giant danios.

image-3817893063.jpg

image-910053953.jpg

image-2131593035.jpg

New tank setup sadly its a 29 gallon

Attachments

• image-2968456118.jpg
    image-2968456118.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 133
New tank setup sadly its a 29 gallon

Be really careful with that y'all stand. I had one that y'all an was always scared I was gonna knock it over. Tank looks great. Heck....you might have room on the bottom to put another tank! :)

Be really careful with that y'all stand. I had one that y'all an was always scared I was gonna knock it over. Tank looks great. Heck....you might have room on the bottom to put another tank! :)

My dad helped be drill the stand into the wall. It's reall Sturdy and level. Thanks much appreciated! I was planning on having a fry tank on the bottom

Amazing how these stands are built. I did a 2x4 stand for my 29 than did a ton of research and built one for my 55 with just 3/4 oak ply. As well as my cousins 80 gal with the same wood. Mines more over built than his too.

Back
Top Bottom