post your cichlid setup here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390504185.079284.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390504215.606029.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390504242.807338.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390504491.025351.jpg

Here is my cichlid family. Nothing to special as of yet. 1 "Snow white", 1 "Electric yellow", 1 "bumble bee", and 2 "ice blue", as well as numerous convicts (I'm trying to rehome the convicts though). I have one Marineland Emperor 400 filter. Simply just some sand I got at the sand pit and rinsed and boiled, the rocks are just rocks I was able to find outside (or the ones my mom snuck back from Mexico, they were never supposed to end up in the tank.. But I couldn't help it)... The driftwood was from the river around my home. The only think in the tank that costed me any money was the fake plants... That I got at the dollar store! Some of the Africans I was able to get by trading the convicts. The 40 gallon long tank and all the equipment was purchased from the local classifieds for $100.... Needless to say my tank is a thrifty tank...

Everything that goes in is either boiled or put in the oven to kill bacteria. And so far nothing bad has come from it! (When I was taking these risks it was just the convicts, and to be honest I wasn't to worried... I had over 150 between 2 tanks!!)

View attachment 218469View attachment 218470View attachment 218471View attachment 218472

Here is my cichlid family. Nothing to special as of yet. 1 "Snow white", 1 "Electric yellow", 1 "bumble bee", and 2 "ice blue", as well as numerous convicts (I'm trying to rehome the convicts though). I have one Marineland Emperor 400 filter. Simply just some sand I got at the sand pit and rinsed and boiled, the rocks are just rocks I was able to find outside (or the ones my mom snuck back from Mexico, they were never supposed to end up in the tank.. But I couldn't help it)... The driftwood was from the river around my home. The only think in the tank that costed me any money was the fake plants... That I got at the dollar store! Some of the Africans I was able to get by trading the convicts. The 40 gallon long tank and all the equipment was purchased from the local classifieds for $100.... Needless to say my tank is a thrifty tank...

Everything that goes in is either boiled or put in the oven to kill bacteria. And so far nothing bad has come from it! (When I was taking these risks it was just the convicts, and to be honest I wasn't to worried... I had over 150 between 2 tanks!!)

I love the Snow Whites, very beautiful fish! I had a couple when I had my cichlid tank

It's called moss rock. I have about 100 lbs in there. No they all came like that. Big two weighs 25 lb maybe

Make sure you have good powerheads. Waste can build up in space between rocks. I have 1600gph on both sides creating clockwise flow. Most waste settles on the right side of tank outside of rock work.

Here's what tank looks like now. Took out larger rocks. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390576918.092840.jpg

Back
Top Bottom