post your cichlid setup here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Changed my aquascape finally. Took out all the old decor that came with tank and added river/lava rock

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408840527.148674.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408984310.407173.jpg
Good clean of tank today and re-arranged it all, quite pleased with end result.

Beehpee

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

View attachment 247959
Good clean of tank today and re-arranged it all, quite pleased with end result.

Beehpee

How's that Auratus doing?
Had any problems with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

PS. Didn't mean that to sound arrogant, I'm looking to get one and I'm asking your opinion.

No problems at all, it's funny I had 2 to start with both the same then one vanished or I thought so but it morphed into what I think is a male, not the prettiest fish now and I call him scruffy boy.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408984846.572123.jpg
He's the grey fish in the centre. Started out like the other Auratus.

No problems at all, it's funny I had 2 to start with both the same then one vanished or I thought so but it morphed into what I think is a male, not the prettiest fish now and I call him scruffy boy.
View attachment 247960
He's the grey fish in the centre. Started out like the other Auratus.

Yeah.. One of my female Red Tops is giving herself a sex change right now...
You can never get bored with the sheer amount of amazing things these fish are capable of.

You think a lone female Auratus could hold her own in an Mbuna tank?

Mine certainly does and got a right bully boy in there but never bothers her at all

The fish at the bottom left in the 2nd picture is the tank boss and chases the rest all over the shop, don't know what it is but deffo número uno in here, the Auratus never has any problem from him tho and had the Auratus for over a year now.

The fish at the bottom left in the 2nd picture is the tank boss and chases the rest all over the shop, don't know what it is but deffo número uno in here, the Auratus never has any problem from him tho and had the Auratus for over a year now.

You may have just convinced me there...
Problem is that you hear one good thing and get about 15 horror stories right after.

You always get more horror stories, bit like the evening news on TV all bad news cos good things are not news.

Just rescaped the Apistogramma bitaeniata tank, but I haven't added the dwarf water lettuce yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1409020980429.jpg
    1409020980429.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 158
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409150572.939525.jpg just started back up nowhere near finished will send more in when complete

This is my 75 just before I changed it around I switched to black sand and got rid of the Texas cichlids. I will post pics of the new setup when I get them.

Attachments

• 20140604_072447.jpg
    20140604_072447.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 157
Just rescaped the Apistogramma bitaeniata tank, but I haven't added the dwarf water lettuce yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Apistos don't even like plants gillie.. hehe
Looks sweet!!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom